Archived Lost Booking Room Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadWolf4531

Fulfillment Expert
Any other AP offices forced to get rid of their booking room computer?

We lost ours this week, with the rationale that it wasn't used enough to warrant being there.

Well, our Investigator told us we can't NOT have a computer in the booking room. If we have someone on the bench, last thing we want is to be in the back office with our backs to them while we type up the report. So we had to move our AP office computer into the booking room, therefore making the back office nothing more than a storage room now. Ay...

Our AP team had two computers in their back office and one in booking. They lost one of the two in the back. Not sure what the rationale was for taking that one away but I do think it was among the least used.

Someone noted elsewhere, I think in AE thread, that Target is working on transitioning to Windows 10. Apparently, in order to cut costs, reducing the amount work stations drastically saves money. AP isn't the only work station disappearing, I believe the kiosk in the break room is gone as well as a couple in TSC.

Someone noted elsewhere, I think in AE thread, that Target is working on transitioning to Windows 10. Apparently, in order to cut costs, reducing the amount work stations drastically saves money. AP isn't the only work station disappearing, I believe the kiosk in the break room is gone as well as a couple in TSC.
The job application ones at guest service are also a possibility.

Cause your employees don't need access to eHR at work.

I can't see them getting rid of hiring kiosk when 25% of our applicants come from them.
i think stores with 2 might lose 1 and some will have to use paper applications in store.

So the company is so broke we can't afford to pay for software updates to computers? And we can't afford a $3500 insurance claim from a woman who's car was damaged by our property? And we can't afford to pay the people who work for us?

Man, what a great job our company is doing

So the company is so broke we can't afford to pay for software updates to computers? And we can't afford a $3500 insurance claim from a woman who's car was damaged by our property? And we can't afford to pay the people who work for us?

I heard (this is probably just a rumor) that the idea is to save money on technology now and reinvest it in more of the next gen mydevices. Those get used way more often than computers.

It's not a matter of being able to pay the lady or not. Target, nor any other company, wants to set a precedent where it will distribute payments for just about anything. I imagine it will end up being Target's responsibility to pay the lady. Then it's Target's job to find, and sue, the owner of the truck for not only property damage, but for all what it had to pay the lady in the car.

I heard (this is probably just a rumor) that the idea is to save money on technology now and reinvest it in more of the next gen mydevices. Those get used way more often than computers.
That is what the meno on workbench said. I surmise the windows 10 upgrade of 4 computers in each store times how many stores is a decent savings...

That is what the meno on workbench said. I surmise the windows 10 upgrade of 4 computers in each store times how many stores is a decent savings...
My store has 10 computers though. Fixture room, STL, HR, TSC main, 3 TM TSC, break room, receiving, and one in the TL/ ETL office. Can't really cut anymore since people are already fighting over them.

My store has 10 computers though. Fixture room, STL, HR, TSC main, 3 TM TSC, break room, receiving, and one in the TL/ ETL office. Can't really cut anymore since people are already fighting over them.
We have 15?
2 ap, 2 gs hiring, 1 hr, 3 tsc, 1 receiving, 1 fixture, 1 stl, 4 tl office.

2 hiring kiosks
1 in GSTL office
2 eHR kiosks in the break room
5 at TMSC
? in AP office
7 in the STL/ETL/Sr. TL offices
1 at receiving
1 in fixture room

We can afford to lose a couple of those...

2 Hiring
6 TSC
2 BreakRoom
1 ETL-HR
1 Signing Room
? (6-8) ETL Offices
1 Receiving

2 Hiring
1 Break Room
2 TL Area
2 Clerical
1 STL
1 ETL-HR
1 Recieving
1 Signing
2 AP Back
1 AP Front

We lost 1 in AP's back office and a Hiring computer.

Any other AP offices forced to get rid of their booking room computer?

We lost ours this week, with the rationale that it wasn't used enough to warrant being there.

Well, our Investigator told us we can't NOT have a computer in the booking room. If we have someone on the bench, last thing we want is to be in the back office with our backs to them while we type up the report. So we had to move our AP office computer into the booking room, therefore making the back office nothing more than a storage room now. Ay...

I'm pretty sure that having a TVS computer in booking is a policy violation.. Not that I care, just an FYI incase someone brings it up later on down the line.

My Store:
2 Hiring Kiosks
1 Break Room
4 TSC
1 STL Office
2 ETL Offices
1 AP (after losing the booking computer)
1 Receving
1 Fixture Room

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that having a TVS computer in booking is a policy violation.. Not that I care, just an FYI incase someone brings it up later on down the line.

My Store:
2 Hiring Kiosks
1 Break Room
4 TSC
1 STL Office
2 ETL Offices
1 AP (after losing the booking computer)
1 Receving
1 Fixture Room
It's not as long as you aren't watching/reviewing cameras while non AP people are in the booking room. However it is a policy violation to move computers within the store without permission. Target really doesn't want us messing around with the computers and would rather have IT people touching it.

We had a total of 5 workstations in our office/booking room. Four in the office and one in the booking room. Our booking room PC was set up awhile ago to have TVS access. Three of the four computers in the office have TVS access while the other doesn't. We chose to give up the office computer with no TVS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back