Archived Lost Box Cutter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNS12345

Flow Team Member
So I'm a big idiot, and I lost my box cutter (I didn't lose it in the store though, I'm 100% sure I had it when i ended my shift and left). I was wondering a) how big a deal this is if I would tell a superior and ask for a replacement, and b) if it is a big deal, does anyone know if there is someplace I could buy a replacement online to avoid having to let them know I lost it? I'm worried because I've only been working here for 2 months, so I'm still inside the 90 day period. Thanks for any responses.

Probably a termable offense, start looking for somewhere else to work. I heard slinging rocks is quite profitable. J/k just look for it again, if you can't find it then ask if it's possible to get a replacement or ask if you can purchase one for personal use. I wouldn't freak out about it.

I don't see the sense in packing a box cutter around when a sharpened car key (for the better grip) does just as good a job. I just carry it loose in my pocket, no problemo.

I don't see the sense in packing a box cutter around when a sharpened car key (for the better grip) does just as good a job. I just carry it loose in my pocket, no problemo.

Not going to wear down my car key for Target lol. Besides the box cutters are fine.

So I'm a big idiot, and I lost my box cutter (I didn't lose it in the store though, I'm 100% sure I had it when i ended my shift and left). I was wondering a) how big a deal this is if I would tell a superior and ask for a replacement, and b) if it is a big deal, does anyone know if there is someplace I could buy a replacement online to avoid having to let them know I lost it? I'm worried because I've only been working here for 2 months, so I'm still inside the 90 day period. Thanks for any responses.

Does your store sign them out? If not dont say anything. We have lost box cutters every month it's normal attrition. Just don't lose a zebra or pda. You will go on corrective or get fired.

It doesn't hurt the key one bit.
You could loose your keys... constantly taking them out and putting them away. In prison people make shanks out of paper and plastic that can kill a man! You could melt the plastic until it hardens and then shape and sharpen it, and use cardboard as a handle. Thatll save you a few bucks

2lk44sp.jpg

Most stores that's really not a big deal. Just ask for another one and say you left yours at home.

If your store is really big on keeping control of that kind of thing and you're worried about getting in trouble, you can always buy a new one.

IMG_1456.PNG

Yes, it did have a strap & a holder, and no, our store doesn't make you sign them in and out.

Also thanks for the advice everyone, I'll probably just tell them about it next time I go in.

Apperantly each store is different regarding this too lol. My store is grab n go. Forgot to bring it? Grab one. Dull blade or broken? Grab one.

Heck I bought a box of different colors just to hand out with my own coin just to liven up backroom. I didn’t know that other stores signed them out or were that strict.

Apperantly each store is different regarding this too lol. My store is grab n go. Forgot to bring it? Grab one. Dull blade or broken? Grab one.

Heck I bought a box of different colors just to hand out with my own coin just to liven up backroom. I didn’t know that other stores signed them out or were that strict.

Actually you can get written up for not using Target brand box cutters. Not saying you will but it's definitely frowned upon for liability purposes.

We've had contests to see who could bring back the most boxcutters (it was the old ones) before. We get a box or two of the new ones at least once a month. Losing them isn't an issue here.

Could also ask one of the electronics tm's if they have a spare. I keep about 2-3 box cutters in boat drawer. Comes in handy everyday.

I keep a PDA holster belt with box cutter and MyDevice holster attached in my car. Put it on before work, take it off after work. No forgetting, no adjusting.

I have a whole collection of box cutters from Target years back.

When we converted to the new ones, we had a bunch of spares. I don’t think losing a box cutter is as severe as a device or key to the building but anything can happen at Spot

I keep a PDA holster belt with box cutter and MyDevice holster attached in my car. Put it on before work, take it off after work. No forgetting, no adjusting.

Box cutter with holster gets tucked into my zebra holster(that I personally bought) both get rolled up in my vest and they live in my TL's drawer when I am off. Put them on when I start, take them off and back in the drawer when I leave..

Today a leader asked me if I had a secret boxcutter stash, told me they didn't want to know any details at all, they just needed a boxcutter. My "stash" is literally a couple boxes of the old boxcutters in the same drawer as my pens but whatever helps him sleep at night I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back