Archived Lost MyDevice (iPod)!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost my iPod today seemingly out of the blue. I know where I had it last (I think). I'm scared that they'll give me a final warning or make me pay for it, or worse fire me. Anyone have any experiences with this?

Next time you lose it and you can't find it, you might want to ask AP to review video and see what you did with it lol.

I received a coaching from leaving it in the cart pusher overnight.

Didn't sign anything, though. ;)

They love me too much for that!

I have had to issue multiple final warnings to team members for losing devices that are not found or are taken by guest. Even if they are found later it is usually a coaching conversation.

There has to be a way to see which AP a MyDevice is connected to. Would love if they would put that on the iOS Device Report.

They keep making the Device Report worse and worse -- would be nice if they would give us something new instead of taking information away.

I thought they could look up who used or was signed in an myDevice. That's what they keep on threatening us with.

To the OP: You won't pay for it, but it's a final in my store; or if you are under 90 days a term.

You can indeed look up and see who the last person signed into a MyDevice was...

They can look at who signed into a MyDevice most recently. That's why it's important to log off your equipment when you return it to the cradle.

This is a way bigger issue with PDAs, as MyHome (the graphical UI where you key your TM# and select workcenters) is what tracks who logged in last. With 90% of the work on PDAs now being done in RF Apps, team members return it to the dock without logging off and someone else grabs it and logs in through RF Apps, without every toggling back to MyHome. Even though a new user has logged into the PDA, Workbench / Device Report still thinks the first person was the last to use it.

I really miss the more detailed reports we had several months ago on this report. It would show all login activity on the device for the last ~2 weeks. It was a great way to track who was hiding their equipment, as they were the only person logging into the device for days at a time.

They can look at who signed into a MyDevice most recently. That's why it's important to log off your equipment when you return it to the cradle.

This is a way bigger issue with PDAs, as MyHome (the graphical UI where you key your TM# and select workcenters) is what tracks who logged in last. With 90% of the work on PDAs now being done in RF Apps, team members return it to the dock without logging off and someone else grabs it and logs in through RF Apps, without every toggling back to MyHome. Even though a new user has logged into the PDA, Workbench / Device Report still thinks the first person was the last to use it.

I really miss the more detailed reports we had several months ago on this report. It would show all login activity on the device for the last ~2 weeks. It was a great way to track who was hiding their equipment, as they were the only person logging into the device for days at a time.

Ok - describe the view want on the equipment control report and we'll make it happen. Are you looking for a view that shows who used what when? I'm guessing we'll end up with another detailed view rather than messing with the summary look that is on there now.

At our store it's a final warning. You have to sign them in and out but a lot of people still don't. Plus the sign out sheet we have is horrific. I would actually ask around and see if anyone maybe picked it up. Think about where you had it last.

Ok - describe the view want on the equipment control report and we'll make it happen. Are you looking for a view that shows who used what when? I'm guessing we'll end up with another detailed view rather than messing with the summary look that is on there now.
The way it used to be for the PDAs: Click on the device serial number and a page/pop up opened with a list of every sign in from the previous X days. I can't remember how many. If there had been no sign ins in X days it just showed the last person who signed on and the time they signed in. Each item in the list should include sign on time and employee name and number.

If possible, it would be AMAZING if the device report would show the last Access Point the device was seen on. You might be surprised by how many devices get set down on a 20ft+ high shelf while pulling and forgotten about -- or just put in a drawer so they have a device when they come in for their next shift. If we could see the last known location it would help a lot with lost equipment.

I don't know why Target didn't think about using RFID tags or stickers...

Pretty sure my store it's a final. If you've already had a couple of marks against you or if you're under 90 days, I believe it's a term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back