Lost wallet

I lost my wallet the other day and I suspect it’s somewhere in the breakroom. It’s Tuesday and I don’t go in until Friday, should I go there to ask about it? Do they have a policy for lost stuff in the breakroom?

Last edited:
. . . .I mean. . . .it depends on how much you value your wallet? No cameras in there so it also depends on how much you trust your co workers. Frankly I dont trust any of mine they steal lunches ffs! Technically if it is turned in they would hold it like it was a guest's. When my leaders were not complete asshats they actually called me to let me know my dumbass left it in a locker. So. You could call. You could go in. You could dance and chant and hope a deity drops it on your head. Its really your own decision on what effoet you wanna put into it :/

You can go to your store and look for it, or try asking AP, all stores are required to have a camera shot on the TM lockers/break room, it's considered a critical shot.

I'd call and ask AP if anyone turned it in. If you know AP has it then at least that will ease your mind. If no one turned it in, I'd go look for it and if I couldn't find it I'd tell AP so at least someone knows about it if it happens to turn up.

Go get your wallet now. You never know what could happen to it. You could have dishonest people or honest people at your store you never know. I have had containers that have been stolen or thrown away. You can go into the breakroom not being on the clock. Sometimes your stuff can be put in the safe just ask.

Go find out about your wallet, don’t wait until Friday. Call and see if anyone turned it in, if not, go look for it. If you don’t find it and you had credit cards in there, cancel them, and you’ll need to get a duplicate driver license if you lost that, too. Be sure to let AP know what happened. Good luck, I hope you find it safe and sound.

If found, it would be logged and locked up in the Cash Office.

If you use the lockers, check there too.

Call the store and let management/AP know of your situation.

Call your bank(s) and put a hold on your cards ASAP. With a hold no one can use it, but you can remove the hold rather than wait for new cards if your wallet is safe. Most banks cancel a card if the hold is in place 7 days, so be aware of time if you find it.

After reading other replies I wanted to add on that if you did in fact have debit/credit cards in your wallet and you think you lost it at your store then definitely loop in your AP leader, it takes less than 60 seconds to run a transaction search and see if your card has been used in the store within the last 30 days. All you need to tell them is either the last 4 digits of the card or just the name that's on the card(s).

You can go to your store and look for it, or try asking AP, all stores are required to have a camera shot on the TM lockers/break room, it's considered a critical shot.
Lockers yes but not the breakroom. At my store the door for HR is in the breakroom so there would never be a camera there. Which sucks, that’s also where the timeclock is and I would LOVE to have a camera on that sucker!

Lockers yes but not the breakroom. At my store the door for HR is in the breakroom so there would never be a camera there. Which sucks, that’s also where the timeclock is and I would LOVE to have a camera on that sucker!
No time lock shot? That would suck when you’re trying to get someone on time clock fraud. I’m at a newer store and we have cameras everywhere. Offices, break rooms, closets. You name it there is a camera. Also before anyone asks yes we have some fake domes but only on the sales floor and some backroom ones.

No time lock shot? That would suck when you’re trying to get someone on time clock fraud. I’m at a newer store and we have cameras everywhere. Offices, break rooms, closets. You name it there is a camera. Also before anyone asks yes we have some fake domes but only on the sales floor and some backroom ones.
Time clock is just a few feet from my door and heaven forbid a camera can glance into the HR office. 🙄 When it comes to time clock fraud we just have AP view them going upstairs and then back down again. The lockers are behind offices in the conference room so not everyone goes back there, making that dome ineffective.

Just go in and look for it... If it’s not there check with AP or lost and found at guest services.

We have cameras in our break room. Yours may too.

Time clock is just a few feet from my door and heaven forbid a camera can glance into the HR office. 🙄 When it comes to time clock fraud we just have AP view them going upstairs and then back down again. The lockers are behind offices in the conference room so not everyone goes back there, making that dome ineffective.
Hmmm we have a camera in our HR office. Every office has one 😬

Back