Archived Lost Zebra

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone have advice if I lost a zebra? I'm a new GSA, hoping to get on the bench and now I'm just worried I've dug myself in a hole. I've been a GSA for 3 months now and everyone knows how forgetful I am, but if I do lose something, I'm the first to admit that I've lost it and I know for a fact I haven't misplaced a zebra.

However, I was informed that zebra number xxx is missing and I was last logged into it and therefore I will be held accountable. I know I've turned in a zebra every night I've signed one out so all I can think of is maybe I had grabbed and accidentally swapped my zebra device with another team member's and turned theirs in at the end of the night? Regardless I understand it'll still affect my record since I'm responsible.

How will this affect my record at Target? Is it the type of thing that stays with you if you leave the company and come back?

They went on work bench and looked to see who the last logged in person in the zebra was. That's how someone in HR found me to tell me I would be held accountable. I don't know if this number is zebra is the exact number I logged out though. How would I go about finding that out? I'd have to snoop to find old equipment logs :(

You could get a CA for it, but if you have proof on the log sheet fight it like a MF.. And let this be a lesson to always sign out of any equipment you use. So the next jackass loses it, its not on you..

We went through this with our TL they had to give up on going after him since he had it in writing.. Ask them to check the equipment log.. You want them to show you where you did not sign it back in..

And if I signed out Zebra 1 but Zebra 6 is missing, can I still be held accountable for it? I never sign them back like jot the time I'm returning it, I just return it to the LOD. :( but lesson learned, I'll sign everything out AND in from now on and be careful to not use other people's devices.

**Even though I didn't sign out Zebra 6, I was the last one to use it according to workbench.

It's supposed to be a corrective action but asants. Surprisingly you can get a corrective action for that but a final warning/term for losing an equipment key.

1 Documented Coaching. This is when you are talked to by a leader about your performance, attendance, etc. . . . You do not sign anything, and it takes place off of the salesfloor. This is a first step.

2 CA or Corrective Action. This is more serious and usually comes after a number of coachings. For some things, there won't be coachings (No Calls, Lost Keys, deliberate distruction of property). You will sit down in an office with a leader, and you will sign something.

3 Final Warning. This is also a CA, and will be delivered in the same way. You will most likely be coached, given a CA, coached again, then a Final Warning.

Check your schedule for the day you lost the device. If you hand them back to an LOD at the end of your shift, see if AP can find you on camera turning it in.

They went on work bench and looked to see who the last logged in person in the zebra was. That's how someone in HR found me to tell me I would be held accountable. I don't know if this number is zebra is the exact number I logged out though. How would I go about finding that out? I'd have to snoop to find old equipment logs :(
Tell them you signed it back In And someone else must have taken it without signing it out and didn't log in it's possible they have no proof

Signing out on the device is critical. Loan it all you want but get your number off of it. Is it possible you logged in for someone else who had an expired password? Also never leave zebras or other equipment unattended.

If AP is in the building, I highly suggest getting them involved as soon as you realize a device is missing. We can review camera footage and try to find it before someone steals it.

Have someone call CSC and they can pinpoint where in the store it was last used. They are able to give you a location in the store closest to the nearest router/access point/whatever its called. Even if the battery died they can tell you where it was last connected to the network. If the battery is still active they can make an alarm go off, works like a charm we have done it before.
At my store my STL will put anyone who loses it on immediate CA potentially final.

Have someone call CSC and they can pinpoint where in the store it was last used. They are able to give you a location in the store closest to the nearest router/access point/whatever its called. Even if the battery died they can tell you where it was last connected to the network. If the battery is still active they can make an alarm go off, works like a charm we have done it before.
At my store my STL will put anyone who loses it on immediate CA potentially final.
mine was the compactor and its gone for good.

If AP is in the building, I highly suggest getting them involved as soon as you realize a device is missing. We can review camera footage and try to find it before someone steals it.

Pretty much everything this. You have 10 million cameras.. get a hold of the eye in the sky and have them walk it around until it was last put down.

PDAs can be tracked as well... it will show the last time someone signed in to the PDAs and also the last team member.
there's a link in the ios report to the pda report. top right corner I think. Magical.

We have to sign out everything at my store. Even walkies.

My old store did this it's IMO the cleanest way to do equipment control it forces folks to take accountability of all equipment. I believe that's a good thing.

Spot on by the way the difference between a final and a corrective is whether you report it or (or not). The worst thing you can do is lose a key or equipment and someone says something about it before you do.

@HRZone i didn't report it because I didn't know I lost it? I turned in a zebra at the end of the night!

Wait so guys I'm just confused. I signed a zebra OUT but I never put down the time that I turned it in -will this be held against me?

And where does one find the old equipment logs? Are they locked away for hr or can I easily find them?

I don't think I can call csc to find out where the last location of it in the store is either. I'm always on the floor so everyone would be confused as to why I'm on the phone :/

@HRZone i didn't report it because I didn't know I lost it? I turned in a zebra at the end of the night!

Wait so guys I'm just confused. I signed a zebra OUT but I never put down the time that I turned it in -will this be held against me?

And where does one find the old equipment logs? Are they locked away for hr or can I easily find them?

Did you logout when you turned the thing back in? It doesn't show it in the report, but we know the last action taken by the last user who handled a device. You could at least make the argument...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back