Archived Management Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been reading this forum for awhile now, always interested what other peoples experiences with target/retail are. Some of the things blow my minds, especially when I read some of the things that go on in management.
Currently on the Flow team, and my team leader was nice enough to help me on a college project for one of my business courses where I have to interview a manager. But, I'm curious as to what other team leaders in Target have to say about some of the questions I'm going to be asking him. Management is kind of a mystery zone, mostly, for lowly team members.

• Are you a top, middle or front-line manager?
  • Describe a recent challenge that you have been faced with. As well, describe the decision making process that you followed to overcome this challenge or make that tough decision.
  • What is the best/worst part of your job?
  • What is your leadership style?
  • How do you empower your employees?
  • How do you deal with conflict among those you manage?
  • What skills/qualities do you believe make an effective manager?
  • What traits do you look for when potentially hiring someone?
  • What advice would you give to other aspiring managers?

Interested in what my boss is going to say to a lot of these. He's an interesting guy, and definitely not afraid to say whats on his mind. Obviously you don't have to answer all (or any) of these. Just curious what life is like for team leaders at Target.

I feel the vibe!
Worse thing is, no staff!
We are stuck to a script of questions for the phone interviews for new hires. Kinda working, per my etl hr.

Last edited:
i like the new interviews. i interviewed 2 people in 17 minutes. way better than having to wait on the etls and seeing the poor saps lined up at tsc.

I also like how speedy the new interviews are!

Something that could be interesting to ask is how he's built relationships with peers/supervisors or what challenges he's had working with new leaders. Since he is a team lead chances are there has been times he's been more experienced than his etl.

Another thing would just be balancing tasks and leading so basically how do you accomplish your tasks without losing touch with your team?

Good questions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back