Archived -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called out. They did ask when I'm going to be back/where I'm going, do you think that doesn't count against my record? Obviously safety > perfect attendance, but I'm curious anyways.

I called out. They did ask when I'm going to be back/where I'm going, do you think that doesn't count against my record? Obviously safety > perfect attendance, but I'm curious anyways.

And they expect you to know when the hurricane would be done and when the MANDATORY evacuation would be over????

Sometimes Spot's quest for that next dollar defies both logic and respect for human life.

Your safety is not worth your job. I'd call out explain that you decided to leave and that you will be back when the storm is over. Keep in communication with your store and report back when you say you are. If your leadership gives you any grief, then look into any laws you might have in your state about state of emergency laws basically if your told to evacuate and stay; you're breaking the law.

here's a list of whats open and closed...

Businesses close as Florence barrels towards the Carolinas - http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/39064119/some-businesses-close-before-florence-others-still-open

Walmart the following stores close Monday at 11:30 p.m. until further notice
  • 1037 - 1317 N MAIN ST STE A1 SUMMERVILLE
  • 1146 - 511 N HIGHWAY 52 MONCKS CORNER
  • 1358 - 2110 BELLS HWY WALTERBORO
  • 1359 - 7400 RIVERS AVE NORTH CHARLESTON
  • 2712 - 541 SEABOARD ST MYRTLE BEACH
  • 2870 - 3915 N KINGS HWY MYRTLE BEACH
  • 2887 - 125 MARYPORT DRIVE MYRTLE BEACH
  • 2928 - 605 SAINT JAMES AVE GOOSE CREEK
  • 3367 - 4920 CENTRE POINTE DR NORTH CHARLESTON
  • 3442 - 11980 HIGHWAY 17 BYPASS MURRELLS INLET
  • 3646 - 1635 RED BANK ROAD GOOSE CREEK
  • 3713 - 3685 LADSON ROAD LADSON
  • 3899 - 215 ST JAMES AVENUE GOOSE CREEK
  • 4664 - 151 MYRTLE RIDGE DR CONWAY
  • 5087 - 550 HIGHWAY 17 N NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
  • 5367 - 1705 SOUTH KINGS HWY MYRTLE BEACH
  • 5705 - 545 GARDEN CITY CONNECTOR GARDEN CITY BEAC

Target has not determined when they will close

Target wants That almighty dollar !!

lol lol lol ... WTF WTF WTF

There has to be a legal way to smack spot upside the head for this crap. This company gets more and more disgusting every year when it comes to workers and basic business sense

I am thinking Corp is waiting to see exactly how the storm will track and operate till very last minute. Current predictions say it will hit in between Wilmington to Myrtle Beach and either go up to Raleigh or do a swing south into SC and back into western NC.

As of today, these are the official closed stores communicated by Corp.
North Carolina
  • Jacksonville - 1395D Western Blvd., Jacksonville, N.C.
  • New Bern - 3410 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd., New Bern, N.C.
  • Rocky Mount - 731 Sutters Creek Blvd, Rocky Mount, N.C. (Closing 6 p.m. on 9/12)
  • Wilmington - 4711 New Centre Dr., Wilmington, N.C.
South Carolina
  • Myrtle Beach - 1150 Seaboard St., Myrtle Beach, S.C.
  • Myrtle Beach South - 140 Sayebrook Pkwy, Myrtle Beach, S.C.

At least in our state there is a statute that states something along the lines of.... people assisting with providing essentials are exempt from it. Last year our GVP emailed letters out for us to have authorizing us to return to the store before they lifted curfews. Obviously if you live near an area thats going to get hammered gtfo. If you can ride the storm (far enough inland) and have everything prepped I don't see an issue personally. Mandatory evac areas sound like a gtfo situation though...

Mandatory evacuation means nobody’s gonna come save you cause you were told to get out. Even emergency services may not be able to get into some of those areas until the storm subsides a bit. Target isn’t worth someone’s life, and, honestly, if Target retaliates, drop Target like a hot potato. Pretty sure anywhere you would interview would understand you leaving an employer that was trying to get you to come into a mandatory evacuation zone while you were living in a mandatory evacuation zone once the order to get out had been given. You gave them notice so it’s not like it’s a NCNS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back