Manually changing street date?

I had a question regarding street date on certain items. For example, say a CD, that can not be sold before street date, how would someone go about changing the street date so the computers would let us sell it beforehand? One of my ETL's said theres a way.. is this true?

You cannot. Even if you could, selling a street dated item before its date is a termable offense and target will get a huge fine.

But don't they have to find out that they broke street date to get fined? Or is it like in the system that an item was sold?

Spot is target. Spot will know by the dpci & who did the sale. You could ask the etl to login on the register & do the transaction. They will get in trouble.

Last edited:
Spot is target. Spot will know by the dpci & who did the sale. You could ask the etl to login on the register & do the transaction. They will take the heat.
Etl shouldn’t be asking in the first place, that’s a termable offense for them to (double— them breaking the rules and them asking a ™ to break the rules)

my guess is etl or this tm has a friend who wants something a little early

Spot is target. Spot will know by the dpci & who did the sale. You could ask the etl to login on the register & do the transaction. They will take the heat.
Yikes because one of my coworkers reallllly likes a certain artist and asked the ETL (super chill dude) if he could sell him the cd before street date and he said maybe..

Etl shouldn’t be asking in the first place, that’s a termable offense for them to (double— them breaking the rules and them asking a ™ to break the rules)

my guess is etl or this tm has a friend who wants something a little early
Yeah.. I guess my coworker was looking for the new cd shipments in the back and couldn't find them.. any idea where they might be? Are they locked away in the electronics room?

Yikes because one of my coworkers reallllly likes a certain artist and asked the ETL (super chill dude) if he could sell him the cd before street date and he said maybe..
Termable offense for both of them. I really don’t think you can override street date anyway. One time a random lean cuisine frozen dinner had a street date and we couldn’t remove it, we had to mysupport it

Yeah.. I guess my coworker was looking for the new cd shipments in the back and couldn't find them.. any idea where they might be? Are they locked away in the electronics room?
Ok A) if it’s you just say it’s you not “your coworker” although maybe not if your username is your name which you shouldn’t have done

B) we’re not gonna help you violate target policy.

c) these items have cameras on them. Just wait till the date. It’s not worth it.

Ok A) if it’s you just say it’s you not “your coworker” although maybe not if your username is your name which you shouldn’t have done

B) we’re not gonna help you violate target policy.
Nono it's not me.. I'm not that stupid lol I was just wondering because they were reallly curious and everyone was being so hush about it like it was locked away in a vault lol.. it's literally cds haha

Nono it's not me.. I'm not that stupid lol I was just wondering because they were reallly curious and everyone was being so hush about it like it was locked away in a vault lol.. it's literally cds haha
Just don’t worry about it. If anything goes down it’s on them. Don’t take part in any of it. Again, don’t even think it’s possible unless you literally just no barcode it but the items have cameras on them so AP would still 100% know and term all involved

A lot of the street dated items for music and movies don't arrive to the store until close to the sellable date. Especially for music; sometimes it doesn't even arrive until the day of! This is done on purpose to prevent people from attempting to purchase before the street date.

Is it really worth losing a job over a piece of plastic?

1. Yes, locked in cage.
2. Yes, on camera.
3. Yes, watched and counted.
4. Is NOT received very far in advance - so not much time to wait to buy it “legally”
5. Many, many smartass tm thought of multiple ways to get things early, by paying and not paying, by hiding and holding -- all were fired.
6. You, and your friend, will NOT be the exception.

Back