Archived Market... Correct pattern of proper meat stacking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been told a few times of the proper way to stack meat but I can't ever seem to remember. I've never been given a "sheet" or a piece of paper with the "how to's". I just hate asking the same question multiple times. This is important when breaking down a pallet and putting the meat on a u-boat to bring on the floor to put on the shelves. Can someone please put this in writing for me? Thanks. I'm usually in dry but have been working more hours in produce/dairy.

I have been told a few times of the proper way to stack meat but I can't ever seem to remember. I've never been given a "sheet" or a piece of paper with the "how to's". I just hate asking the same question multiple times. This is important when breaking down a pallet and putting the meat on a u-boat to bring on the floor to put on the shelves. Can someone please put this in writing for me? Thanks. I'm usually in dry but have been working more hours in produce/dairy.

Never be afraid to ask twice. That's what I tell everyone, regardless of how long they've been around.

That said, I refuse to use a uboat for fresh meat. Deli/rte, sure. Otherwise I use a metro rack on casters for meat. It's easier and depending on your sales volume can eliminate the back and forth of backstocking unlocated random weight meat if it's just kept on the fast mover rack.

I never use uboats for fresh meat. Only green metros with casters. So much easier to work through.

From top to bottom

Ready to eat
Fish
Beef/pork
Ground meat
Poultry
Edit:- Do not leave the meat /RTE, without out refrigeration for longer than 2 hours.
Even after working in the food industry for a decade I forget this order sometimes and have to check myself before I wreck myself...or someone elses stomach potentially. Rare that it happens but it's still good food practice.

I never use uboats for fresh meat. Only green metros with casters. So much easier to work through.
Never seen a market TM put meat on a Uboat except like lunchables n frozen dinners(usually pushed out with baked goods which they will promptly forget to date hahahah)...never actual beef, chicken, fish, w/e. Always on the green shelf thing. I think when Market went End to End it ruined the quality of our department. The whole store used to pitch in to get Market pushed, dated, and backstocked but now it's just 4 people and they all put off their tasks for the next guy. Amazing none have quit. Having only 4 on the team though has given them a consistent 30+ a week so I'm sure that's nice but never having a clean cooler or freezer is kind of pathetic. At some point a team has to stop pushing and just backstock the hell out of their shit so it can be properly counted and pushed. K /endrant

Last edited:
From top to bottom

Ready to eat
Fish
Beef/pork
Ground meat
Poultry
Edit:- Do not leave the meat /RTE, without out refrigeration for longer than 2 hours.
It's funny how we have to stack it a certain way but when the guest puts it in their shopping cart, it is all over everything else.

OMG, that sounds exactly like our store. 2 team members pushing 3 pallets of dairy & ready meat, 1 pushing produce & 1 PA, then smart huddle 1 of 2 freezer pallets. Back stock? With only a 5 hour shift there is no time for back stock. It also depends on the team of the day. Usually the closer gets stuck with back stock along with afternoon pulls. Oh ya', & don't forget to make sure you crush your own cardboard. Hopefully you have a MY device that works for Qmos & a printer for back stock labels. Good thing I enjoy the team I work with. Only if someone calls out, then we are offered to stay an 8 hour shift.

Thanks. I will print this and post it in multiple places in the back by the coolers.

Thanks. I will print this and post it in multiple places in the back by the coolers.
Something like this
e78d5322ec4125c1bc3159d9eb755149.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back