Archived Market Manual CAFS

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store does manual CAFs for market every morning. Ideally we would be pulling the fill for depth ones every day to avoid them having 3200 eaches in them like Groc2 did last week. But instead since our FDC truck has been coming at 6 or 7am and has to be pushed immediately we drop the small manual CAFS, for example the visual out of stocks on all of the batches.
What does every other market team do?
And logistics people what are your thoughts on best practices. Keep in mind our meat and produce are not located.
I am the one scheduled to do the CAFs Wednesday and I am not looking forward to it.

Everyone comes in, goes to their aisle, zones it up, scans outs and lows, pulls that batch and pulls their part of the auto. Pushes that then works their uboats, backstocking and throwing trash as they finish. Scans their rigs, then researches the rest of the aisle. Zones up for the rest of their shift or helps out if other aisles were heavy.

Used to do manual cafs, but they were working fill to depths daily...and when 35% of your store mix is grocery and about 20% of the mix is just dry/snack/bev/candy...that makes for massive manuals every day. So we quit doing that a while back and are focusing on filling outs/lows firsts, then truck, then rigs/rsch, then dropping more manuals and scanning outs throughout the day.

What's the point of manual cafs? Why wouldn't autofills take care of filling the floor?
autofills are meant to supplement the trucks, not fill the floor. manuals are designed to help fill the floor. however, there is no payroll allocated to pull and push manuals and they are not tracked by time goals like autofills. it's because targets logistics is severely inefficient and they are trying to put a bandaid on the process instead of fixing it. if they changed the triggers to pull to fill the floor, they would have to allocate the payroll to do so.

Instocks team also does not exist anymore at my store so it's largely up to a few hardlines TMs to scan and do RIGs (we have a terrible RIG completion % as a result) as well as the TLs of the blocks on the salesfloor to scan their areas (which they do not do) so manuals will help supplement the lack of scanning by depth filling. I'm trying to teach my TMs and the flow TL to also scan while working these manuals out on non-truck days so that we can also fix inaccurate counts. We are essentially absorbing the instocks team role in whatever way we can by doing manuals instead of autofills.

Yeah I’ll scan manuals on non-truck days. Lol
We get a general merchandise truck 7 days a week along with a FDC truck 7 days a week so scanning manuals is not going to happen, sorry
Stop sending stuff we dont need back room has just as much cereal as the sales floor

And fdc why are you sending me produce I do not order ?????

Everyone comes in, goes to their aisle, zones it up, scans outs and lows, pulls that batch and pulls their part of the auto. Pushes that then works their uboats, backstocking and throwing trash as they finish. Scans their rigs, then researches the rest of the aisle. Zones up for the rest of their shift or helps out if other aisles were heavy.

Used to do manual cafs, but they were working fill to depths daily...and when 35% of your store mix is grocery and about 20% of the mix is just dry/snack/bev/candy...that makes for massive manuals every day. So we quit doing that a while back and are focusing on filling outs/lows firsts, then truck, then rigs/rsch, then dropping more manuals and scanning outs throughout the day.

I would love to do it that way. But we don't have the people. My market department has 8 people including the TL and the 1 PA.

Guys, keep filling in the blanks! @qmosqueen you said autofills supplement the truck, is the essentially that the DC sends us extra product, when we scan it during the unload, it goes to the back room immediately, then when we do need it and one sells, it gets pulled in the 1 o clock cafs aka autofills?

What does fill to depth mean?

If one sells, do autofills bring one out if one is in the back? If the inventory count is updated, does it fall into an autofill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back