Archived Market Pantry Guarantee Abuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

myDevice

GSA
So I have a guest that buys MP branded baking stuff weekly and returns it all after she uses the items (about 10$ worth). She cites the 100% guarantee printed on the side and my ETL said to leave it alone for now. Can I refuse her returns or not because its target branded merch?

So I have a guest that buys MP branded baking stuff weekly and returns it all after she uses the items (about 10$ worth). She cites the 100% guarantee printed on the side and my ETL said to leave it alone for now. Can I refuse her returns or not because its target branded merch?

I'd absolutely follow your ETL's instructions, if there is suspected abuse then chances are he or she has already notified AP and they'll be looking into the situation before taking action.

I'd absolutely follow your ETL's instructions, if there is suspected abuse then chances are he or she has already notified AP and they'll be looking into the situation before taking action.

One of our etls lets the same guest return empty bottles or boxes of food only because "its the right thing to do "

I would just ask "Why do you keep buying this brand if you don't like it?" After a certain point, I think it's okay to start calling them on their bullshit as long as you're polite about it.

Ultimately it sucks to have an ETL that doesn't stand up to scammers but at the end of the day it's not your job if your store has decided they are going to "attempt every return" to fight against that.

When I get frustrated I just remember it's not my money and I don't get paid enough to care.

Let AP know and if he doesn't care then forget it.

i discovered the other day there's a one year return policy on target branded items. surprised that's not abused more

Your ETL clearly doesn't want you to refuse it, so don't.

Mention it to AP and mention what the ETL said. They might have a different option and change the ETLs mind.

Thinking of the bigger picture... If they do it repeatedly that adds up, doesn't it?

No. Taking a $500 televison out the door, stealing 3 Go Pros, swiping an iPad, stealing clothing on a weekly basis - that's what adds up.

She's have to come back weekly for a year to equal one televison.

ETA: Kind of like when they are all worried about BOB, when I catch somebody with a fake credit card trying to buy $4000 worth of gift cards. Yeah, I caught the 12 pack of Dr Pepper... BTW, I saved you $4K. You're welcome.

No. Taking a $500 televison out the door, stealing 3 Go Pros, swiping an iPad, stealing clothing on a weekly basis - that's what adds up.

ETA: Kind of like when they are all worried about BOB, when I catch somebody with a fake credit card trying to buy $4000 worth of gift cards. Yeah, I caught the 12 pack of Dr Pepper... BTW, I saved you $4K. You're welcome.
You're comparing something that requires work and force to prevent while another requires a few words. I'd say in terms of effort/payoff, they're pretty equal in value.

This is fucking retarded logic. It's all the same. The point is, letting it go, because an ETL doesn't want to deal with it is fine...but it doesn't justify the possible exploitation of the policy, and eventually it's going to have to stop.

Well the Target product year long guarantee is an incentive for them to take buy it in the first place. I agree bringing back fully used product is shady but if someone buys up and up toothpaste and realizes it's crap we do have to honor that return

Well the Target product year long guarantee is an incentive for them to take buy it in the first place. I agree bringing back fully used product is shady but if someone buys up and up toothpaste and realizes it's crap we do have to honor that return

Irrelevant point, because the discussion is about someone exploiting a policy.

Not irrelevant at all
The policy is terribly written.
That's why it's being exploited

You can get into semantics on all our policies. Fact of the matter is, it's satisfaction guaranteed. If you keep repurchasing an item, then you must be satisfied with it. Eventually this guest will get more and more daring with her returns, and eventually someone will intervene.

Some guy that worked for UPS kept returning crappy Target branded shoes because they wore out too quickly, our store told him we wouldn't honor his shoe returns anymore.

Also, there is this one guy that kept trying to return half-eaten Pizza Hut pizzas because he didn't like the taste. Needless to say, his pizza returns attempts aren't accepted anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back