Archived Market TL at a Pfresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

YourfriendlyTL

[Redacted]
Hey all!

So I was approached today by my STL about becoming the new food and bev TL for our Pfresh area as our current one is becoming the closingTL. The only downside is I've worked consumables but only in dry foods. Any tips or tricks you guys can give me or if becoming a pfresh TL is even worth it?

Ask how many TL have been in that position in the last 5 yrs...if it's been a lot...RUN
It's only been 2 in the past 5 years one move up to ETL and the other one is becoming our closing TL to better work with our schedule. From our metrics it looks like I would be coming into a green area.

Try asking for some exposure to the fresh side. If you're dedicated to food safety and dealing with vendors plus knowing you're walking into being responsible for plannogram and pricing. Then do it.

Biggest advice I can give after being a Food SrTL for 4 years before I left, is know you will always have to fight the other departments/your ETLs on the importance of food safety/freshness and doing those processes thoroughly. They will underestimate how much time it takes and will only care about it when steritech shows (or ecolab now I believe).

Have good relationships with your vendors as well. You will be the contact point for any vendor issues. Give your vendors a heads up on planograms as early as possible. Be firm with them when necessary.

Organization in the coolers/freezers is critical to reducing Qmos and outdates

The processes have probably changed a little since I left as we weren’t 100% on modernization yet. It sounds like you’ll have a good team though.

Be prepared for the vendors. Some are great, some are liars, and some are assholes.

Your processes need to be spot on for FIFO to happen. So you really need to run the cleanest backroom and trucks in the store.

If you can coordinate market huddle blitz’ to come clean on departments that are heavy i recommend doing so.

Even tho assignment sheets can seem insignificant, I have Food Experts that rly like them and feel that they feel more accomplished. Can be impactful esp if you and your former PAs (who can be great pipeline candidates) write the sheets to carton count (40 cases/1 UBoat per hour)

Teaching and training TMs on food processes will also be the core of your job since food can have unfortunately high turnover. If you’re good at communicating you’ll do great as an F&BTL!

If you can coordinate market huddle blitz’ to come clean on departments that are heavy i recommend doing so.

Even tho assignment sheets can seem insignificant, I have Food Experts that rly like them and feel that they feel more accomplished. Can be impactful esp if you and your former PAs (who can be great pipeline candidates) write the sheets to carton count (40 cases/1 UBoat per hour)

Teaching and training TMs on food processes will also be the core of your job since food can have unfortunately high turnover. If you’re good at communicating you’ll do great as an F&BTL!
40 cases per uboat per hour ... so a produce delivery of 180 pieces, including bananas, and strawberries and cuties ... should take 4 1/2 hours ,my fellow PA can't get that done in 8 hours. sad but true
I get that shit down in 3 hours, damn its just 12 cases of bananas 30 minutes, 20 cases of cuties 15 minutes, 20 cases of strawberries 15 minutes... then the rest 2 more hours.
then jump on fresh meat 30 minutes, then 1/2 gallon specialty milk 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back