Masks optional

I heard this today but not by my TL or ETL so thought I’d check here to see if it was true. Anyone have a link to something official?

I heard this today but not by my TL or ETL so thought I’d check here to see if it was true. Anyone have a link to something official?

From "A Bullseye View," the official website of Corporate. Target's coronavirus response and community support - https://corporate.target.com/about/purpose-history/our-commitments/target-coronavirus-info

"As COVID-19 cases continue to decline across the country, Target will not require our U.S. team members or guests to wear masks, as local regulations allow. We’ll follow all state and local COVID-19 safety regulations and encourage our team members and guests to consult the latest public health guidance, get vaccinated and make decisions to keep themselves and their families safe."

Website was last updated today it says, according to the top of the page.

I heard from a coworker that front of store management told them and I believe everyone else at the store knows now. It’s great to be mask free but wouldn’t be surprised if the so called “scientists” will make another mandate again.

I'm certainly glad that it seems like things are moving in the right direction. I remember that I hated not being able to drink water because of the mask mandate and at the very least, I hope team members are able to hydrate more regularly while working.

Just asking for clarification, it says for stores TM aren’t required to wear masks anymore. Does this apply to DC’s as well?

Workbench, Top left corner picture of red mask drawing. Click, and there it is... Sad thing is I print out briefly and collect them in a binder for any of my fellow TMs to read, and I didn't today. Saw it around 10 on Workbench... D'oh!

Just asking for clarification, it says for stores TM aren’t required to wear masks anymore. Does this apply to DC’s as well?
Targets mask mandate was all encompassing. DC team members are included in this. Of course Target will still abide by local mask mandates

Gonna keep masking down here since we're still at stage 4 in new cases/hospitalizations.

Yet we still get the text alerts of new cases in the building every day.

Give it a month and we will all be masked again.

The new subvarient is already spreading and caused second omicron waves in other countries

Last edited:
Just as a heads up.
Since Spot is really bad at communication and this looks like yet another thing they are going to totally fuck up...

We'll keep this thread open for updates on the ongoing mask and vaccine policies for Target.
This isn't the thread to argue about any of those things.
Just for updates and information.

Go here if you want to bitch and complain.

Sorry to burst all your bubbles . Yes that communication came out today around 8 am however 3 hours later we had a conference call and unless you’ve been booster you still have to wear mask . All team members are required to show proof of booster .
All stores?

Sorry to burst all your bubbles . Yes that communication came out today around 8 am however 3 hours later we had a conference call and unless you’ve been booster you still have to wear mask . All team members are required to show proof of booster .
I find this hard to believe. They waited over a week from when Walmart made their announcement and then changed their minds 3 hours later? I read the communication at 8am, got confirmation from store leadership who got confirmation from district leadership at 11am est. It was then at that point I stopped wearing my mask.

I find this hard to believe. They waited over a week from when Walmart made their announcement and then changed their minds 3 hours later? I read the communication at 8am, got confirmation from store leadership who got confirmation from district leadership at 11am est. It was then at that point I stopped wearing my mask.

What did I say about Spot being really bad at communicating?

I'm pro-mask, but I never stopped drinking water. I just had to find somewhere out-of-the-way to do it.
I got caught once by my ETL-SE unfortunately and I stopped trying after that. I was drinking at my register since I was a checkout advocate and I wanted to walk out of the store so badly at that point.

Last edited:
Back