Archived Mass vacation changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any other dc’s changing the max vacation allowed mid October- December? As it is now 10% per department are allowed vacation that time, they are changing it to 5% for that timeframe. Any other dc’s doing the same?

Mine is... Not exactly sure how that works considering people on certain keys almost all have 10+ years in, so they accrue 5 weeks PTO and a decent number have/will hit 25yrs. soon. As it was those calendars was full every day, so now they’re not even allowing as many hours off in a year as people will accrue?
Also like how they’re thinking of running normal shifts on Xmas eve.
Can’t wait for the next “we care about your well-being” meeting.
The drawbacks of this job are quickly outweighing the benefits...

Clerical also added to the normal calendar. Sucks for them not getting off whenever they want.

True, my clerical is one of few that has more seniority than me too... I’ve gotten everything I’ve put in for on MV the past few years but thinking that’s gonna change this year.
If they would’ve just left OT as a rotating thing and not put up a calendar for the entire year this never would’ve been an issue IMO.

So, we didn't get dropped from 10% to 5%, however, they did extend the fall season vacation blackout all the way til the end of Jan.
For limiting the number of people off per day? I would have gladly taken that or them limiting the number of people exempt from ot over this. Our dc, in particular on my key, has a lot of folks that have been there for a while, so they have 5 weeks of vaca/ph and some are even getting 6 weeks this year. There isn't enough available time on the calendar to even use it all. They are graciously allowing an extra person from Feb-April week 2.

LMAO this company is ridiculous and they get away with whatever they want. Luckily for them, most of their DC's are in areas with little competition for other similar work. Go to a normal warehouse and you'll find you can take off ALMOST whenever you want as long as you have vacation.

We've had the "fall season" 5% rule at our Dc for a few years now.
Sooo during bts/btc (August week 1 through August week 3) and fall season (October week 3 through January week 1) your allotted vaca has been dropping for years? So if you are normally allowed 40 hours it’s been dropping to 20 hours for those time frames? Lots of people looking for other opportunities. Good thing there are lots of jobs out there i guess.

My building has been doing this since I started back in 2012. Its just apparently none of the other TMs seem to know about it until just now. You don't lose vacation time. Its just only 5% of the shift can have that particular day off during fall season. But then again fall season use to only be Nov-Dec and yet somehow this year for us we started mandatory in June and didn't stop until a couple weeks ago.

My building has been doing this since I started back in 2012. Its just apparently none of the other TMs seem to know about it until just now. You don't lose vacation time. Its just only 5% of the shift can have that particular day off during fall season. But then again fall season use to only be Nov-Dec and yet somehow this year for us we started mandatory in June and didn't stop until a couple weeks ago.
No you don’t lose it, but they are making it more difficult to use. Around here hunting time is big. So haveing 2 people off instead of 4 is big. Especially when they add the clericals to their respective departments.

Off topic, but whenever I run into former coworkers they all mention how much worse things have gotten since I left and how much they wish they could leave.

Get out if you can. I know Target DCs pay well, but sometimes it is better to take a temporary pay cut in order to start on a better path elsewhere. Spending your lives worrying that some snot-nosed 23 year old OM is going to fire you is no way to live.

Off topic, but whenever I run into former coworkers they all mention how much worse things have gotten since I left and how much they wish they could leave.

Get out if you can. I know Target DCs pay well, but sometimes it is better to take a temporary pay cut in order to start on a better path elsewhere. Spending your lives worrying that some snot-nosed 23 year old OM is going to fire you is no way to live.

Amen, did the same thing, already promoted in 6 months with 20k more pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back