Archived Maximum of 4 or 5 more years with Gregg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just enough time to make himself another couple of million and keep the company in the tailspin going.
At that point anybody who comes on will just make sure they can make their money and bail before the company self destructs.

Or am I being too damned cynical?

Just enough time to make himself another couple of million and keep the company in the tailspin going.
At that point anybody who comes on will just make sure they can make their money and bail before the company self destructs.

What else do those guys do besides line their own pockets? They just swap companies and make more money screwing the people that work for them.

Not cynical enough. It's more like make himself another 100 million.

Big Bob Ulrich as CEO was Target's best time. Target sold its holdings in Marshall Fields and Mervyns (which were declining). Target owned its own financial institution. Stores were expanding at a more calculated and steady rate instead of just because. FFF was the company motto. The company actually cared about TMs.

Bob Ulrich came to my store several times just to visit/shop just because he was going to the NASCAR race in the next town. I never heard of Gregg walking the stores unless its for a PR video.

Last edited:
Gregg came into my store once, no idea why, he didn't even talk to anyone except the one TM in electronics who said cihyfs, He said he was all good, and then he left. Sent a email down to region vp and went down the chain from there until it hit STL, said "store looked great, keep up the good work" . That was about the extent of the email. We went through video, found him in jeans and a sweater and he bought a coffee (how we knew it was him). I wouldn't have guessed just looking at him, we were looking for a guy in a suit. My store isn't even in MN, so no idea why he was there alone.

You know what's scary? When he does retire I can see Tina taking his place.
dear God no the last thing we need is that old bat running the ship. were already sinking and she would just grab a bucket and ADD water instead of plugging the leaks

dear God no the last thing we need is that old bat running the ship. were already sinking and she would just grab a bucket and ADD water instead of plugging the leaks

Wait I thought Tina jut went to being in charge of Canada?
I think shes in charge of both US stores and Canadian stores if I remember that email right..

Wait I thought Tina jut went to being in charge of Canada?
I think shes in charge of both US stores and Canadian stores if I remember that email right..

I know something was said about her and Canada I just don't recall what.

If she's in charge of all the stores, why do we need Gregg?

Because Target is more than just stores. The stores are just one division, you have real estate, finance, canada, legal, marketing, and community relations divisions as well.

If Gregg & his minions were held to the same outrageous standards, they would've been performanced out the door long ago: flops like the Shops, Neiman-Marcus, target.com crash during the Missoni launch, hiring leadership from outside instead of within, the security breach, cutting coverage until guest service suffers, using unrealistic metrics to browbeat TMs, abandoning policy causing sales losses, using said losses as an excuse to further eliminate the few remaining perks TMs had..........I'm sure there's much more that I'm missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back