Archived Medical insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been at Target for just about a year and a half and was getting ready to enroll in benefits. So I went on Target pay and benefits and can't find where to enroll in regular medical benefits. You know the ones that cover doctor visits, physicals, x-rays, blood work, MRI's and things like that.

All I see is critical illness insurance, hospital stays, accidents, life insurance, 401k and the tobacco option.

Can anyone help or guide me where to look please?

I've been at Target for just about a year and a half and was getting ready to enroll in benefits. So I went on Target pay and benefits and can't find where to enroll in regular medical benefits. You know the ones that cover doctor visits, physicals, x-rays, blood work, MRI's and things like that.

All I see is critical illness insurance, hospital stays, accidents, life insurance, 401k and the tobacco option.

Can anyone help or guide me where to look please?
Do you average FT hours?

I was averaging those hours until the new year started and I came down to 1 day a week. But would that really matter? If I was only averaging 8 hours a week for the last two months? Would that mess me up for the whole year?

Check your last pay stub of 2016. Your average hours will be displayed near the top.

Also, open enrollment for R100 and R200 ended last week. It's only available for R300 and R400 right now.

Check your last pay stub of 2016. Your average hours will be displayed near the top.

Also, open enrollment for R100 and R200 ended last week. It's only available for R300 and R400 right now.

This is true, but if someone becomes eligible for benefits in, say, July, I believe they're able to sign up between enrollment periods. At least that's what happened to me. Last year I thought I qualified but missed open enrollment, but then in June or July I got a thing in the mail telling me I could sign up. I was shocked- I figured I was screwed until open enrollment came around again. I was talking to my HRTM recently and she mentioned that the only way that could've happened is if I became eligible between enrollment periods.

Unfortunately, OP, it sounds as though your drastic drop in hours has a very good chance of screwing up your average hours and keeping you ineligible for benefits, but, on the bright side, I think as soon as you are eligible you'll be able to sign up- you won't have to wait until next year's open enrollment.

This is true, but if someone becomes eligible for benefits in, say, July, I believe they're able to sign up between enrollment periods. At least that's what happened to me. Last year I thought I qualified but missed open enrollment, but then in June or July I got a thing in the mail telling me I could sign up. I was shocked- I figured I was screwed until open enrollment came around again. I was talking to my HRTM recently and she mentioned that the only way that could've happened is if I became eligible between enrollment periods.

Unfortunately, OP, it sounds as though your drastic drop in hours has a very good chance of screwing up your average hours and keeping you ineligible for benefits, but, on the bright side, I think as soon as you are eligible you'll be able to sign up- you won't have to wait until next year's open enrollment.
Well the average hours they use are from the previous calendar year, and since the OP said they were averaging full time hours until the new year, they should qualify. They just won't qualify again next year.

I don't know what happened in your circumstances, but the only other way to get benefits in the middle of the year is if you were already eligible and you had a sudden life change that caused you to lose coverage elsewhere.

don't know what happened in your circumstances, but the only other way to get benefits in the middle of the year is if you were already eligible and you had a sudden life change that caused you to lose coverage elsewhere.

This is correct, we had tms hired in September 2015 who had to wait over 12 months for insurance due to not having a year of service during the 2016 enrollment and not being eligible to enroll mid year.

If i averaged 30 hours (according to my last paycheck in 2016) i am good right?

FYI-Your average hours is based on a rolling 52 week count so you can be 30.00 for this week and next week be close to 30.00 or a little above 30.00. However, please know that 1 week's hours will not really change your average hour count as it is only 1 week of 52 weeks of data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back