Archived Merit raises and bottom line increase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this had already been asked, I searched for a minute or so and didn't see anything, My ETL HR won't give me a straight answer so I figured I would ask here.

Does anyone know if the merit raises of the past are a thing going forward, and if so are they just going to get wiped away when they bump up the bottom line? Example being I got a 63 cent raise when it went up to 11 as the company minimum as opposed to the full dollar because of raises I had acquired from reviews, I am just wondering will I get my review make 20 cents more for like 5 months then they bump he pay again and it's gone?

ASANTS, my store let me keep my annual raise and I got bumped to $11.25. Going forward, I'm not 100% how my store will go about annual raises, I'm going to safely assume the worst and say my store will only bump me an extra 25 cents this year to $12/hr(I changed departments and make $11.75) so I'm at $12 and then once it's time for the company-wide starting wage to go up, I won't benefit. Whatever happens, I don't think I'll be getting the extra $1/hr this year on top of my annual raise.

Wait. So all wages will be at $12 by YE? Or is that just conjecture on your part?

Wait. So all wages will be at $12 by YE? Or is that just conjecture on your part?

I figure since we're all gonna be at $15/hr by 2020 and we got a $1/hr raise last year due to it, I can only think they'd do $1/hr extra a year until 2020 hits.

But I didn't get a $1 raise...a lot of people didn't.

Everyone got their merit raise at review time. Anyone that was still below $11/hr. was raised up to $11.

Target has publicly pledged to have all employees earning a minimum of $15/hr by the end of 2020.
It's great that Spot wants it's employees to earn more of a liveable wage! However, I can't help but wonder if that will cause some TMs to put less effort into their work performance since whatever they don't earn in merit increases will be made up in the next company wage increase.

Were you already at $11/hr? That surprises me, I think something like October 8th was like the time when every TM got the raise and my raise was apparently effective even before than by like a week.

Because you're not under the new minimum of 11 an hour company wide.

Does anyone know if the merit raises of the past are a thing going forward, and if so are they just going to get wiped away when they bump up the bottom line

You will get a raise in May this year following your review then will get another raise when the minimum raises.

As usual targets policy is to generally wipe out your raise when the minimum increases. This is why seasonals made the same as people who have been with the company 2 or 3 years.

Yes I was already above $11 so that's why I'm interested in how the April merit raises play into Targets efforts to raise everyone to $15.

Were you already at $11/hr? That surprises me, I think something like October 8th was like the time when every TM got the raise and my raise was apparently effective even before than by like a week.

You were at a 10 dollar store. I assume @Anelmi is at a store where the minimum is between 11 dollars and 15.

Yes I was so that's why I'm interested in how the April merit raises play into Targets efforts to raise everyone to $15.

Everyone will get their normal raises in April ranging from 0 to 5%, 0 to 6% for team leads.

Then sometime between November and January of next year target will likely raise their minimum wage to 12 dollars or 12.50 for speciality positions.

If you get a merit raise from 11 to 11.50 and they raise the minimum to 12. Unless your store manually gives you a raise, you will only be making 12.

As usual targets policy is to generally wipe out your raise when the minimum increases. This is why seasonals made the same as people who have been with the company 2 or 3 years.

Although I can't see them giving me an 80 cent merit raise so this year I might actually get 2 legit raises.

@HRZone we are posting at the same time...sorry if there's crosstalk

Although I can't see them giving me an 80 cent merit raise so this year I might actually get 2 legit raises.

Which is a great attitude to have. Although some one will bring up the guy off the street also making 12 when they had to work 4 or 5 years for their 12.

That still strikes me as being a little off.

Right and maybe that should bug me more but I know that 90% of those seasonals don't last so it doesn't....because I still have a job and they don't.

Which is a great attitude to have. Although some one will bring up the guy off the street also making 12 when they had to work 4 or 5 years for their 12.
7. :mad:

I'm just gonna cling to my job, apply elsewhere and internal and hope the new stl thinks I'm great since they will finally be my age.

I love that after 11 years with the company, I'm going to be making the same as new hires. (I started at $8/hour)

I'm currently making about $.70 more than new hires at the moment.

Geez, I started at 8 but that was 3.5 years ago... 11? Lordy!

Being capped is no fun:(
Last year the cap should have been raised as a consolation prize for not getting a merit increase. I assume the same will be in effect this year. They assure me it will even out in the end... lol.

I love that after 11 years with the company, I'm going to be making the same as new hires. (I started at $8/hour)

I'm currently making about $.70 more than new hires at the moment.

That's the key....at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back