Merit Raises & Reviews: 2023 Edition

Looks like I got 2%. First time I've ever gotten lower than DEO. Kind of bummed but at the same time I get it. I've been out with an injury for a while now.
1st time in 5 years I didn't get a DEO. But raise was 4%. Not offered any stretch assignments here, not allowed to use my global skills. and not asked to participate in my departments remodel....even tho I v helped with 2 at a 130K Sq. Ft store and another 80k Sq. Ft. store. Just push. Someone always seems to have the freedom to grab my salesplanners and sidecaps on my days off. Humiliating. Like I m not actually tm. A TM 14 years with Target got told she s too old and guests can't understand her and gave her 2%. Quite bold. Needless to say between the 2 of us we keep our schedule and that's it. Zero interest in ownership anymore.

1st time in 5 years I didn't get a DEO. But raise was 4%. Not offered any stretch assignments here, not allowed to use my global skills. and not asked to participate in my departments remodel....even tho I v helped with 2 at a 130K Sq. Ft store and another 80k Sq. Ft. store. Just push. Someone always seems to have the freedom to grab my salesplanners and sidecaps on my days off. Humiliating. Like I m not actually tm. A TM 14 years with Target got told she s too old and guests can't understand her and gave her 2%. Quite bold. Needless to say between the 2 of us we keep our schedule and that's it. Zero interest in ownership anymore.
If you're a TM, 4% is DEO. If you're a TL, then DEO is 5% I believe.

Just curious was anyone actually told they were DEO, DIO, or Ion? Do those rating exist anymore? Me any my fellow team were only given a percent raise and a few words on our performance.

Last edited:
Just curious was anyone actually told they were DEO, DIO, or Ion? Do those rating exist anymore? Me any my fellow were only give a percent raise and a few words on our performance.
There was no mention of DEO, DIO . We just got the percentage raise and a one liner from my TL. At least this time they had us pulled into the office to give the review .

Just curious was anyone actually told they were DEO, DIO, or Ion? Do those rating exist anymore? Me any my fellow were only give a percent raise and a few words on our performance.
I was told DEO and my boss told me how much he appreciates me. He also shows his appreciation throughout the year. I'm blessed to have him. I know many are not so lucky.

There was no mention of DEO, DIO . We just got the percentage raise and a one liner from my TL. At least this time they had us pulled into the office to give the review .
Sounds like mine. That’s why I was curious some On here we’re saying they got DEO etc..

The "doc" has always said DEO. This one did not. Ok then I hope so.
None of performance review papers said anything. The paper just had percentage. So, unless your leader told you then you really don’t know what you got. I guessed with 2% I was DIO but, not sure.

So basically, nobody here actually earned a "raise" in pay. Inflation has been upwards of 7% from a year prior. Target's prices have increased at least that much, though I think Target is trying to avoid hiking prices as they want to grab market share from competitors during an uncertain economy. Everyone here has actually lost buying power.

For dozens of potential reasons, I don't think Target wants to keep existing TMs, for the most part. Don't even waste your breath on the "U" word, it's a waste of your time. Best choice is get a job elsewhere. Reminds me of an adage: Employers, like diapers, should be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

Target historically hasnt ever liked long termers though they prefer revolving doors to get new talent. Granted that doeant lead to a solid business model but they never have cared about that either.
New talent??? Lol. Leaders want "no talent" to feel superior. When you've been with the company over 10 years and your new TL was still in Middle School when you started your Target journey and they mock you...oh lord help us all.

New talent??? Lol. Leaders want "no talent" to feel superior. When you've been with the company over 10 years and your new TL was still in Middle School when you started your Target journey and they mock you...oh lord help us all.
That was both sarcasm and the bullcrap target speak 😂😂😂😂 and you are not wrong been here for over 2 decades believe me i know

This is the first time as a TL that I was left out of the "calibration" of team members, so when time comes to deliver I'll be going in blind and raw. 100% chance that HR gives another speech about they expect us to "own" these reviews. Definitely getting cynical. My own review will determine if I stay this time, no more accepting being called average.
As a TL I was so embarrassed giving these reviews. They all sucked, even my baristas who have been here for 3+ years. Mine was also the worst it has ever been, yet nobody can tell me why. Target is just getting greedier and greedier and they are going to lose more and more people more so than they already are. I lost 3 of my baristas because of this.

As a TL I was so embarrassed giving these reviews. They all sucked, even my baristas who have been here for 3+ years. Mine was also the worst it has ever been, yet nobody can tell me why. Target is just getting greedier and greedier and they are going to lose more and more people more so than they already are. I lost 3 of my baristas because of this.
I would bend over backward to keep baristas.

It's not like you just stick someone from GM to start making drinks.

I also thought that Target would get in trouble if the Starbucks isn't open according to their agreement with them.

It seems like the backlash and the exodus of people quitting was too much to ignore. My store just got a base raise to $18/hr.
The McDonald's across the street just raised starting pay to $16. I wonder how that will affect us.... excuse me... how that will affect the newly hired at Target. It's apparent to long timers that it will never affect us.

The McDonald's across the street just raised starting pay to $16. I wonder how that will affect us.... excuse me... how that will affect the newly hired at Target. It's apparent to long timers that it will never affect us.
Everytime Target bumps the base raise it screws current employees.

For example if a currently employee makes $16 then just get pushed to the new base wage of $17 not $18.

Everytime Target bumps the base raise it screws current employees.
My store hasn't gotten a base increase, but another in our district got one just recently and I've heard they did a 2% increase for people above the new payrate. It's not a lot, but I'm still surprised they're doing something about it.

It seems like the backlash and the exodus of people quitting was too much to ignore. My store just got a base raise to $18/hr.
But that's the problem: there's plenty of high-school and college students willing to work at Target for the current base wage ($17.75 hour in our area). Bumping the base raise is a nasty kick in the ass to existing TMs who know how to perform their jobs, know the things to be careful about, etc. Target's alleged "Team Member Retention" program is just window-dressing.

But that's the problem: there's plenty of high-school and college students willing to work at Target for the current base wage ($17.75 hour in our area). Bumping the base raise is a nasty kick in the ass to existing TMs who know how to perform their jobs, know the things to be careful about, etc. Target's alleged "Team Member Retention" program is just window-dressing.
For the record, the seniority pay increase that we got last year applies to this new base pay. Only 2%, but still...

Back