Archived Merit %s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep I got mine today, 6%. It brought me from 16.00 to 16.96, which should be juuuust under the new minimum, I think...

How long have you been in the role?
It's a long story... but luckily every promotion/demotion took place between the last week of March and the first week of May. 1 year as TL, then 2 years as SrTL, then 1 year as TL, then 1 year as barista, and now 1 year as TL again. But even if I was a TL the whole time, I'd still pretty much be at the minimum. When I started 9 years ago, the minimum was 7.25, so I would've had to get the top review score every year to stay above all these increases. I had my best year ever at Target, but I could've taken a shit on the floor and I'd get paid the same. I'm used to it though, so I'm not complaining. Either way, my pay is going up.

So help me understand something. If you are an ION, do you have to be on a corrective action? I’m asking because my last TL review I was an ION and never on CCA nor was I ever told that I was on the road to a CCA. To say I was stunned is an understatement. What I was told is that the brand and the team played a role in the decision. Meanwhile I was selected by my then STL to train 2 brand new in role GSTL’s from other stores, train another GSTL for my store. My teams best team survey numbers were extremely good. I actually challenged my review last year and was told by my HR ETL that they would have to check with my team to see how they feel about me and also that I just had to move on. I should’ve but, I feel like I worked really hard and got slapped in the face and I’m forever tainted by this and no one will ever take me seriously as a leader again.

Yep I got mine today, 6%. It brought me from 16.00 to 16.96, which should be juuuust under the new minimum, I think...
PG40 is going away, thus making PG45 the new minimum, which is currently $17.75. In addition, it is possible that each pay grade moves up every time minimum wage moves up, PG45 could start at $18.75.

Either way, we know for a fact PG45 won’t be going lower. So us minimum PG40’s (like myself) should see $17.75-18.75/hour moving forward, which isn’t half bad IMHO.

Our PG45 is $23. PG40 is 19.75. Because my merit last year was DEO. I’ve been making 20.94/hr. Just got my review and I received a DIO which puts me at 21.67. And around May or June all TL’s will be making 23/hr unless of course they’re already making that or more.

Our PG45 is $23. PG40 is 19.75. Because my merit last year was DEO. I’ve been making 20.94/hr. Just got my review and I received a DIO which puts me at 21.67. And around May or June all TL’s will be making 23/hr unless of course they’re already making that or more.
Damn, that'd be nice. You must be in a super high COL area or a state with $15 minimum wage already. Our PG45 is $17.75 base right now with PG40 being ~$16.

Damn... that would be really nice.

So help me understand something. If you are an ION, do you have to be on a corrective action? I’m asking because my last TL review I was an ION and never on CCA nor was I ever told that I was on the road to a CCA. To say I was stunned is an understatement. What I was told is that the brand and the team played a role in the decision. Meanwhile I was selected by my then STL to train 2 brand new in role GSTL’s from other stores, train another GSTL for my store. My teams best team survey numbers were extremely good. I actually challenged my review last year and was told by my HR ETL that they would have to check with my team to see how they feel about me and also that I just had to move on. I should’ve but, I feel like I worked really hard and got slapped in the face and I’m forever tainted by this and no one will ever take me seriously as a leader again.

The idea is that if you receive a ION, you should already be on a performance improvement plan. The reasons behind your ION should have already prompted discussions with your leader about what they would like to see improvement on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back