Mezzanine, Sorter

Or, following the Target rule of thought, let’s just create another 2-3 merit roles per key to tackle sorter rework. Why not? It’s only money, and recent history shows that creating new roles always solves these problems. WTF does ICQA and IB Problem Area folks do anyway? They should have already fixed this issue.
RWTM

Last edited:
A-Sort is one of THE most important OB functions. You can easily shut down the entire building if you aren’t paying attention. Our A-Sort operators call out jams, call out lights, catch side by sides, and are in constant communication with LWWs about how the building is flowing. Our sorter holds ~1300 cartons so when it starts climbing up to the 700-800 range, A-sort communicates that. But not everyone does that, of course. In a perfect world a-sort would be all over the radio, but people are lazy. Had a guy once stare at the computer screen after an IOTT thinking it would restart itself even though he’s been thoroughly trained and shadowed trainers for two weeks straight.
Our sorter holds 900 something I think.

Last edited:
I wish my OMs stuck to that philosophy. We took a guy off the mezz for a few days because he almost shut the building down and they had him as a closer. He has no sense of reality, didn’t do anything all night, and I had to actually raise my voice at him (for safety reasons, standing too close to a moving pallet and he wouldn’t even acknowledge me). He should have been put back in lanes.
Our last snow day We got pizza both days 😀

Last edited:
There’s a lot of change occurring at my DC especially my dept. My key is about to get a lot better. Hang in there. If you don’t like a certain Seniors rules just schedule exception fam. I’m B2 for life. They should have been put on a C/A
Our senior just got promoted and the warehousing senior is now b2 senior. It’s forcing my OMs to pay more attention even though we constantly are giving feedback. I’m ready for this new season. I like change.

Our senior just got promoted and the warehousing senior is now b2 senior. It’s forcing my OMs to pay more attention even though we constantly are giving feedback. I’m ready for this new season. I like change.
Use to it…. Change that is

I wish my OMs stuck to that philosophy. We took a guy off the mezz for a few days because he almost shut the building down and they had him as a closer. He has no sense of reality, didn’t do anything all night, and I had to actually raise my voice at him (for safety reasons, standing too close to a moving pallet and he wouldn’t even acknowledge me). He should have been put back in lanes.
I’ve shut down the entire building more than once… The pressure from that is horrible. I would never wish that for another new TM that is just becoming familiar with the mezz/sorter. Luckily my old PC was with me a couple times when I became overwhelmed due to the situation at hand. It made it less stressful because there is a lot going on up there. The operation depends on the mezzanine and it has priority.

(I’ve been trained by some of our most experienced/knowledgeable A Sort TM’s who of which are either in other departments or gone) Our mezz team was exceptional. The auto’s just were taken out when my OM started sending me up to break jams.

Last edited:
I’ve shut down the entire building more than once… The pressure from that is horrible. I would never wish that for another new TM that is just becoming familiar with the mezz/sorter.
Literally driving A-Sort when you know next to nothing about how the building works is scary. I was on the mezz before ever being trained in depal which was an entire learning curve. Imagine calling out poorly labeled cartons never having thrown manual freight. But the TM in question had 4 months of mezz experience and thought an IOTT was going to reset itself and that the sorter would start on its own.

Literally driving A-Sort when you know next to nothing about how the building works is scary. I was on the mezz before ever being trained in depal which was an entire learning curve. Imagine calling out poorly labeled cartons never having thrown manual freight. But the TM in question had 4 months of mezz experience and thought an IOTT was going to reset itself and that the sorter would start on its own.
Give me the keys back for A inducts & the split + the original mezz team I learned from = Hit plan and be chillin P3. When I drive A sort it might get a little rough but best believe those lines will be full of UDC and C/A cartons. Makin plays happen. When I use to go to Depal our CPH was over 500 something fluctuating frequently staying between 5-900. I get hard staffed to the wing/mezz tho. Our A sorter would communicate with IB leads.

Last edited:
A Sort got a copy? Is the Chute on?

Last edited:
I know there’s a lot of new TM’s learning still and mistakes always occur. What if you think theres sensor issues with a top volume door? I’m not E & F and was actually just turned down.

I can smell UDC and packing boxes not jamming up our buildings lines as they are throwing 5 at a time. Those reverse flow lines would be flowing non stop. 💸 Is there room on B1

How do you tell when one UDC finishes and another begins? IB tries to be sneaky and will try to throw 3 UDC’S at a time. At start up when my OM goes over the plan he states we will take 3 UDCs for that day. I just start to laugh in my head. I go back and look through old shift reports and it turns out my key runs the most UDC’S out of any key. 💪🏻😒

Give me the keys back for A inducts & the split + the original mezz team I learned from = Hit plan and be chillin P3. When I drive A sort it might get a little rough but best believe those lines will be full of UDC and C/A cartons. Makin plays happen. When I use to go to Depal our CPH was over 500 something fluctuating frequently staying between 5-900. I get hard staffed to the wing/mezz tho. Our A sorter would communicate with IB leads.
I just do RW

Numbers don’t lie
I can smell UDC and packing boxes not jamming up our buildings lines as they are throwing 5 at a time. Those IB flow lines would never stop 💸
Major League

Last edited:
I love that you have no idea what you are talking about, but yet you keep going on.

Protip: Interviews rely heavily on your reputation in the building, OM's and SOM's gossip just as much as TM's. If you aren't landing positions at a low competition DC that only has 2-3 applicants for B2/A2 spots, you should probably self reflect on how you are being precieved at work.

Last edited:
I love that you have no idea what you are talking about, but yet you keep going on.

Protip: Interviews rely heavily on your reputation in the building, OM's and SOM's gossip just as much as TM's. If you aren't landing positions at a low competition DC that only has 2-3 applicants for B2/A2 spots, you should probably self reflect on how you are being precieved at work.
😔

Last edited:
Let’s just get some shit straight. I’m in a new career develop program just launched on 5/20/22. Do you know anything about it? I sat with Senior HR officials go my lunch break regarding the new program. Are you a part of the program. Do you even know about the program? Half of the people I work with are fucking stupid. I’m about to be a manager so chill out bro. If you are a one I’m fucking embarrassed for you. I honestly don’t give a fuck anymore so watch out. I’ll get u online

Stop this right the fuck now!
If you don't like how somebody reacts to your posts put them on ignore.
Don't start squabbling with them.
We act like grownups here.

We don't threaten, challenge, or insult them.
Behave like a grownup or you are gone.
Last warning.

ScornfulWanCleanerwrasse-size_restricted.gif

Inappropriate Behavior
Stop this right the fuck now!
If you don't like how somebody reacts to your posts put them on ignore.
Don't start squabbling with them.
We act like grownups here.

We don't threaten, challenge, or insult them.
Behave like a grownup or you are gone.
Last warning.

ScornfulWanCleanerwrasse-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Let’s just get some shit straight. I’m in a new career develop program just launched on 5/20/22. Do you know anything about it? I sat with Senior HR officials go my lunch break regarding the new program. Are you a part of the program. Do you even know about the program? Half of the people I work with are fucking stupid. I’m about to be a manager so chill out bro. If you are a one I’m fucking embarrassed for you. I honestly don’t give a fuck anymore so watch out.
Are you talking about the Prepare for Next program? That literally ANY team member can join. And was designed specifically to allow anyone to try to develop themselves to be an OM?

Congrats. You are literally at the same point as EVERY OTHER DC TM.

Back