Archived Might be dumb, but is it possible to take a tour of the DC for our store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems kinda lame i know :) but a few of our flow team and myself would really like to see how the DC actually runs, and gets our stuff loaded. Im pretty sure it would be unpaid but i would still like to know if its even possible

I don't have the answer, monkey, but I've wondered this myself.

A few years ago three of us were caught in an unusual predicament and thought we might get a free ride back to the DC. We were unloading our first truck. Myself and the two unloaders were inside the truck (I was scanning.) when we felt a kind of shift. Our second truck had arrived and he was hooking up what he thought was the empty trailer to replace with the one he brought.

We talked among ourselves what would we do. I had no credit or debit cards with me. One of the unloaders said he did and Target would have to "put us up" for the night then we could catch the next DC truck back to our store the next night. It never happened, but it made for some interesting conversation in the breakroom later that night.

seems kinda lame i know :) but a few of our flow team and myself would really like to see how the DC actually runs, and gets our stuff loaded. Im pretty sure it would be unpaid but i would still like to know if its even possible

I've heard of ETL-LOGS taking paid tours for their own development, but not TLs or below...

At one of my previous stores we took a paid trip/tour to our DC and FDC one day. It included all the ETLs and TL's that had an association to food, so it was probably 8-10 people total, pretty cool experience. It was set-up because there was frustration in our store as to why some things were happening on the DC end, so the ETLs set up the tour to give everyone some understanding as to the other side of the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back