Archived Miles Walked per Shift

Status
Not open for further replies.
What pedometer apps does everyone use? Because I think the free one I downloaded this morn isnt accurate. I was curious to see after I saw this thread.

I have a samsung gear fit which I got for Christmas. From watching it count as I walk it's pretty accurate but then these devices are never 100% accurate due to the way they measure a step. ;) All I know is that yesterday my feet felt like I'd walked 8.6 miles and then some... lol

As I was walking to my car for break and back into the store I noticed it was pretty accurate, so I've come to the conclusion that 11569 steps in like half of my shift is entirely too many lol

I have a fitbit zip and it's pretty spot on with the distance. It's iffy on the steps, but that's to be expected.

Only 4.3 miles for me today. I was doing return scans today so it was more arm movement and squats and the like than anything else.

I usually average somewhere around 6.6 to 8.5 miles.

First gen fitbit. That thing is rugged its been washed and dried still works.
leadership at my store has discovered fitbits

and it's basically the new fashion accessory.

I have a first gen(fits in pocket) rugged piece of hardware washed and dried still works. I won't go to the Flex(wrist band) cause it will get snagged on everything.

What pedometer apps does everyone use? Because I think the free one I downloaded this morn isnt accurate. I was curious to see after I saw this thread.
I just use the S Health from Samsung on my galaxy 4. It's pretty accurate based on stride. When hubby abd I spend the day together I take twenty percent more steps. Cause I'm short...

I use the built-in Health app on my iPhone 6.

First gen fitbit. That thing is rugged its been washed and dried still works.

I have a first gen(fits in pocket) rugged piece of hardware washed and dried still works. I won't go to the Flex(wrist band) cause it will get snagged on everything.

I never have any snagging issues, personally, but usually I wear it on my belt loop when I'm at work, anyway.

one day when i was instocks for four hours then backroom for six, i had only walked about ten miles. it was a slow day for both though

On two separate occasions, an etl and the stl lost their flex while zoning.. They had to walk around the store trying to sync it before finding where they lost it. I've been scared to wear mine on my wrist ever since

So I got one of those fancy Apple Watch things.

According to it, I burned 4,000 calories today and walked over 21,000 steps.

It's bacon double cheeseburger time!

double_bacon_cheeseburger.jpg

My numbers vary between 12,000 and 16,000 depending on what I may be doing.

I wore a flex once during a shift on flow i felt off multiple times while working the line got 35k steps that day during an 8 hour shift.

I keep forgetting to put my fitbit on before work. I'm falling down the leaderboard because I'm forgetful lol.

So I got one of those fancy Apple Watch things.

According to it, I burned 4,000 calories today and walked over 21,000 steps.
Is it accurate? My iPhone isn't. I've actually COUNTED steps and what it registers isn't even close! I live in a 2-story house and there have been days it says I've climbed 0 stories of stairs.

Is it accurate? My iPhone isn't. I've actually COUNTED steps and what it registers isn't even close! I live in a 2-story house and there have been days it says I've climbed 0 stories of stairs.
I imagine it's more accurate because of your arms swinging. It also learns your stride length over time so it can accurately calculate distance.

I noticed with my phone (not an iPhone), it has to be in your pocket or on your arm constantly to get a more accurate step count. My phone count doesn't differ too greatly from my fitbit, but the difference is probably from the times I take my phone out of my pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back