Militantagnostic's Whacky Wall Street Thread

TTGOz

"Suit"-able
What's your opinion on Penny stocks? I have something like $3 I want to invest into some penny stocks but most penny stocks are already failing or bankrupt companies. I don't know too much about penny stocks and my economics teacher pretty much said to just "stay away" from them.

EDIT: Just found out weed penny stocks are a thing. Found one I would like to potentially buy into but I'm gonna wait for a week or monthly low to consider.

Last edited:

PassinTime

Checkout Diva
What's your opinion on Penny stocks? I have something like $3 I want to invest into some penny stocks but most penny stocks are already failing or bankrupt companies. I don't know too much about penny stocks and my economics teacher pretty much said to just "stay away" from them.

EDIT: Just found out weed penny stocks are a thing. Found one I would like to potentially buy into but I'm gonna wait for a week or monthly low to consider.
I was going to suggest the weed stocks. With probably 3 more states coming on board (NJ, NY & CT if I recall correctly)..why not. Plus MI is still fleshing out their laws and IL's governor is pro pot so lots of possibilities.

TTGOz

"Suit"-able
I was going to suggest the weed stocks. With probably 3 more states coming on board (NJ, NY & CT if I recall correctly)..why not. Plus MI is still fleshing out their laws and IL's governor is pro pot so lots of possibilities.
Natural Gas and Solar companies are also something I'm interested in researching, but haven't actually looked into. Green is the trend, weed is green, solar is green, natural is green.

OP
OP
Militantagnostic

Militantagnostic

Former associate of the Targetti Crime Syndicate
Penny and single digit stocks carry a lot of volatility and risk, you gotta really know what your getting into before investing a lot in them. Back in the beginning of this thread I talked about the stock I bought in AcelRX, the company that is making the Dsuvia pain medication that's courted some controversy. It went all the way up from $3 to $5 with all the news on the FDA approval and then sank all the way down to around $2 in the past month. It's back on the uptrend now, but major price fluctuations happen all the time with smaller and newer companies.
You can open a Roth account on your own, and if you do leave Target and don't plan on coming back you can roll the money into an IRA, or you can keep the money in the 401k if it makes more financial sense due to good investments and lower fees in the 401k.

TTGOz

"Suit"-able
Penny and single digit stocks carry a lot of volatility and risk, you gotta really know what your getting into before investing a lot in them. Back in the beginning of this thread I talked about the stock I bought in AcelRX, the company that is making the Dsuvia pain medication that's courted some controversy. It went all the way up from $3 to $5 with all the news on the FDA approval and then sank all the way down to around $2 in the past month. It's back on the uptrend now, but major price fluctuations happen all the time with smaller and newer companies.
You can open a Roth account on your own, and if you do leave Target and don't plan on coming back you can roll the money into an IRA, or you can keep the money in the 401k if it makes more financial sense due to good investments and lower fees in the 401k.
Think you're gonna keep the shares or sell if it gets high enough?

TTGOz

"Suit"-able
Not wallstreet or stock related but thinking about doing some real time investments starting with selling my first car this spring.

Its got good KBB value, only major thing wrong is bad ball joints. 360 cubic inch V8, 129xxx miles, body and paint in good condition besides some mild rust on corners of doors, KBB estimates at $4250 but I can imagine selling for $3200, $2900 easily. Its a sport utility truck.

Take that $2900, find a Craigslist car for around $1400-$1800, clean it up, change oil, fix whatever minor things that are wrong, resell for about $2400-$2800.

So on, so forth. Take the $$ left over from my current car + what I just made off the investment car, buy a bit of a newer used car for $2600-$3000 and resale that at whatever cost.

While Im doing that I'll probably pull a loan out for a good daily driver.

Big end game is earn enough to either A.) Build up a huge savings B.) Wait until I build enough capital to eventually invest in real estate down the road C.) Invest some in the stock market D.) Pay my future college loans.

MN allows 5 cars sold a year per person. If I'm selling each car around $2600-$3200, Ill be at around $6000 earned by the end of the year. I imagine I would do the car thing for two-three years before ever investing or living in a house.

Emergencies do come along and bills and financial responsibility could hold me back. The looming college threat this fall is coming so I want to start before.

My car payment has $784 left. I may just pay it off come tax return time, I have until this Nov and it'll be paid off.

Of course, this is all just the perfect visions in my head. How I execute it is what matters. Theres a good chance I'll never do this and be stuck working a 9-5 the rest of my life. But, I'm motivated. My last car flip went bad but now I know what I'm getting into and what to do.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Militantagnostic

Militantagnostic

Think you're gonna keep the shares or sell if it gets high enough?
Not wallstreet or stock related but thinking about doing some real time investments starting with selling my first car this spring.

Its got good KBB value, only major thing wrong is bad ball joints. 360 cubic inch V8, 129xxx miles, body and paint in good condition besides some mild rust on corners of doors, KBB estimates at $4250 but I can imagine selling for $3200, $2900 easily. Its a sport utility truck.

Take that $2900, find a Craigslist car for around $1400-$1800, clean it up, change oil, fix whatever minor things that are wrong, resell for about $2400-$2800.

So on, so forth. Take the $$ left over from my current car + what I just made off the investment car, buy a bit of a newer used car for $2600-$3000 and resale that at whatever cost.

While Im doing that I'll probably pull a loan out for a good daily driver.

Big end game is earn enough to either A.) Build up a huge savings B.) Wait until I build enough capital to eventually invest in real estate down the road C.) Invest some in the stock market D.) Pay my future college loans.

MN allows 5 cars sold a year per person. If I'm selling each car around $2600-$3200, Ill be at around $6000 earned by the end of the year. I imagine I would do the car thing for two-three years before ever investing or living in a house.

Emergencies do come along and bills and financial responsibility could hold me back. The looming college threat this fall is coming so I want to start before.

My car payment has $784 left. I may just pay it off come tax return time, I have until this Nov and it'll be paid off.

Of course, this is all just the perfect visions in my head. How I execute it is what matters. Theres a good chance I'll never do this and be stuck working a 9-5 the rest of my life. But, I'm motivated. My last car flip went bad but now I know what I'm getting into and what to do.
On the gamble: The analysts prediction is price increase to $7-$10 in the next 12 months, whether it really does go up that much depends on the sales of that drug, if it does make it up that high I'd probably sell it, thos companies stock started at around $10 a share when it first went public and fell during that entire time until the news that they might have a big hit.

On flipping cars: Can definitely be profitable for someone that knows the game. The main thing is to always know what your getting into and be sure your estimates are as accurate as possible, always keep the worst-case scenario in mind before taking something on. It might not make you rich but some extra money here and there is good, and if you enjoy working on cars it can be a profitable hobby.

TTGOz

"Suit"-able
On the gamble: The analysts prediction is price increase to $7-$10 in the next 12 months, whether it really does go up that much depends on the sales of that drug, if it does make it up that high I'd probably sell it, thos companies stock started at around $10 a share when it first went public and fell during that entire time until the news that they might have a big hit.

On flipping cars: Can definitely be profitable for someone that knows the game. The main thing is to always know what your getting into and be sure your estimates are as accurate as possible, always keep the worst-case scenario in mind before taking something on. It might not make you rich but some extra money here and there is good, and if you enjoy working on cars it can be a profitable hobby.
For sure. I own a mobile detail business outside of target Im hopeful to start back up and succeed. Have a goal to make $4000 this spring and summer. I know the car market and people who look for low priced cars always want lower, so I'm hoping buying cars with minimal work and reselling for $500-$1000 profit will work good.

If I ever do a salvage car auction again Im doing only newer model cars because auction fees are ridiculously high. I won a car for $225 and had an extra $450 added in fees lol

TTGOz

"Suit"-able
Monday is tomorrow so Im hopeful to see how my shares will do. I found a few solar companies Id like to try but need morelre research still.

TTGOz

"Suit"-able
It's Friday, and I had a very productive week on the stock market.

Today, if the shares get high enough, I'm going to trade my Aphria Weed Stocks for Cronos Corporation shares, but I think it might be too late. Aphria just announced lower than expected Q2 earnings and fired a few people, among a few other weird controversy. If I have to, I'll wait for a good price. Yesterday, APH was at $6.70 a share, now it's $6.44 and dropping. Lesson learned next time to take some news articles with grains of salt when buying low to sell high into another share.

My Stash is up from $165 deposited to $181.01, so that's great.

Edit: my cannabis stock is up to $7 a share, damn. Might see how it closes out today and make a decision.

Last edited:
Thinking about getting back into the market, what are you guys looking at?
I got fucked over buying BP calls in October and I cashed out to ride past the holidays, but with the stock market bouncing like a trampoline I think it's a great time to get back in with all this volatility.

Thinking about getting back into the market, what are you guys looking at?
I got fucked over buying BP calls in October and I cashed out to ride past the holidays, but with the stock market bouncing like a trampoline I think it's a great time to get back in with all this volatility.
I was having my best day ever two days ago being +$41.36, I'm now down to +$8.39, but can't let that scare me. I need to start investing in good Blue Chip stocks, but the returns seen are minimal at best and take FOREVER. I talked a lot about my shares in prior posts and my logic and prediction behind but mainly, I've been investing in Cannabis and Ford. I've made three buys into a Solar Energy company, looking to do more soon. Think what the new trends are today, my ideology has been green is the way.

Cannabis, Green(literally)
Solar Energy, Green
Tesla, Green
etc

I have about 12-13 shares into Ford and they pay good dividends. I have one share into Verizon and just got a dividend from them the other day, might plan to buy a few more. My ultimate goal right now on Robinhood is get enough to buy a few stocks into Tesla.

My Stash account I have ETFs in Cannabis and Tesla. I invested $85 into Tesla and it just hit $100 on it's own a few days ago. Cannabis is almost up to $100 all on it's own, too.

If you wanna get started on any of these apps, I can PM you my referral links and you get $5 starting out for free. Wish I would have known that, I saw so many referral links and never signed up on them and I'm missing my $5. I'd post them here but my first name is on the links.

I would say Acorns is the best app for absolute beginners, it invests for you, you can automatically add spare change to your account, earn "found money", and you just let it sit and keep siphoning money in. I was driven away from acorns because they have such a high fee for the small gains and earnings. $5.37 a month. Stash only asks for $1 a month in fees, Robinhood I'm not entirely sure what the fees are, but as far as I know, it's completely free.

I was having my best day ever two days ago being +$41.36, I'm now down to +$8.39, but can't let that scare me. I need to start investing in good Blue Chip stocks, but the returns seen are minimal at best and take FOREVER. I talked a lot about my shares in prior posts and my logic and prediction behind but mainly, I've been investing in Cannabis and Ford. I've made three buys into a Solar Energy company, looking to do more soon. Think what the new trends are today, my ideology has been green is the way.

Cannabis, Green(literally)
Solar Energy, Green
Tesla, Green
etc

I have about 12-13 shares into Ford and they pay good dividends. I have one share into Verizon and just got a dividend from them the other day, might plan to buy a few more. My ultimate goal right now on Robinhood is get enough to buy a few stocks into Tesla.

My Stash account I have ETFs in Cannabis and Tesla. I invested $85 into Tesla and it just hit $100 on it's own a few days ago. Cannabis is almost up to $100 all on it's own, too.

If you wanna get started on any of these apps, I can PM you my referral links and you get $5 starting out for free. Wish I would have known that, I saw so many referral links and never signed up on them and I'm missing my $5. I'd post them here but my first name is on the links.

I would say Acorns is the best app for absolute beginners, it invests for you, you can automatically add spare change to your account, earn "found money", and you just let it sit and keep siphoning money in. I was driven away from acorns because they have such a high fee for the small gains and earnings. $5.37 a month. Stash only asks for $1 a month in fees, Robinhood I'm not entirely sure what the fees are, but as far as I know, it's completely free.
I already have robinhood lol. I might buy some puts on snap and hope that goes down even more.

OP
OP
Militantagnostic

Militantagnostic

Remember, you can only do 5 day trades a week unless you'll be marked as a "pattern day trader" and have to have a minimum of $25,000 in your account. I'm not confident enough to trade options, but I have been playing around with swing trading a bit, made a few sheckles today off First Data (FDC) since I bought it yesterday.