Archived Military Discount !@@

Status
Not open for further replies.

signingminion

WAVing in the air like I just don't care
Info finally dropped and is being spread on social media. Military Discount of 10% for active, retired, veterans and spouses. There's a link to "qualify" for it, can be used online or in store. A scan sheet is available on workbench, and I'd imagine will be linked in the merch update that hadn't been linked before I left at noon. Www.target.com/military
Screenshot_20171107-000246.jpg Screenshot_20171107-000246.jpg

We were told we couldn't ask for proof of service, ie: military ID.
You know some low-lifes will take advantage.

I qualify for this. We did it this morning and it requires documentation to get the barcode for the discount. No one is just going to be able to walk into the store and ask for and receive the discount.

That was for my husband too. For me as a dependent they needed a copy of my military ID.

If you were asked for id please go on workbench and search out the info, it is not something target wants done in stores. just the online thing.

Dates are 7th to 11th. Forgot that, as I was half asleep.

We’ve been told we can’t ask for proof if they ask for the discount.
Presumably if they have the bar code they have already provided any proof Target is requiring. No additional checking at the store should be required. They can't just ask for the discount they have to register in order to get the bar code and the scanned bar code tracks the discount given.

Presumably if they have the bar code they have already provided any proof Target is requiring. No additional checking at the store should be required. They can't just ask for the discount they have to register in order to get the bar code and the scanned bar code tracks the discount given.
They can though. Your GSA/GSTL should have a discount scan sheet for this occasion.

They can though. Your GSA/GSTL should have a discount scan sheet for this occasion.
I saw that when I got to work today. It says we should strongly encourage them to register on the site. I think we can tell them that the promotions requires them to register but if the complain then we are to use the store provided scan and can't ask for any proof.

I saw that when I got to work today. It says we should strongly encourage them to register on the site. I think we can tell them that the promotions requires them to register but if the complain then we are to use the store provided scan and can't ask for any proof.
complain? My parents do not own a computer and my mom chose to downgrade her prepaid phone to a flip. She served 4 yrs, my dad served 20. Should they have to go to a library and pay to print the code so you can feel like you've prevented people from cheating? Dad is on oxygen and can barely walk and mom has ptsd.

Just scan the damn sheet and unwad your panties. If we give 10% to the slacker who still eats paste, people willing to die for this country sure deserve it for a shipping trip.

complain? My parents do not own a computer and my mom chose to downgrade her prepaid phone to a flip. She served 4 yrs, my dad served 20. Should they have to go to a library and pay to print the code so you can feel like you've prevented people from cheating? Dad is on oxygen and can barely walk and mom has ptsd.

Just scan the damn sheet and unwad your panties. If we give 10% to the slacker who still eats paste, people willing to die for this country sure deserve it for a shipping trip.

Showing a military ID of any kind or just your USAA credit card should get the discount. They would at my register for sure. Sheesh. They let scammers price challenge all day long. This should be easier.

I'd like it to be an ongoing thing for military, not just on a holiday.
That's nice but it is the same as a team member discount and they don't have the restrictions of having to use a red card, cash or gift card. I wouldn't mind some kind of ongoing discount but not more than 5%, plus registered with Target and using a red card or cash.

I'd like it to be an ongoing thing for military, not just on a holiday.
home depot has done only on memorial day/ veterans day and year round one and off. They track the discounts by store and always go back to only a couple of days citing how much they gave in discounts. Keep in mind they don't offer an employee discount either...

home depot has done only on memorial day/ veterans day and year round one and off. They track the discounts by store and always go back to only a couple of days citing how much they gave in discounts. Keep in mind they don't offer an employee discount either...
We've lived in several states and frequent Home Depot and Lowes often. We have always received the discount year round.

We've lived in several states and frequent Home Depot and Lowes often. We have always received the discount year round.
I was one of the live goods vendors for four years. Two years of only certain days, year round, then back to certain days. And we are near a base in a tax free State. So they might have given out more than some locations nationwide, but they also posted higher sales. It's only ten percent, lol.

Yeah great idea. But people are scamming it again. Just had people who are no way in hell veterans and there is no way to prove them wrong.
People like to lie to save a few dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back