Archived Minimum shift time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLN13

Hardlines TM
I was under the impression the minimum shift time was 3/4 hours?

I was scheduled with some training for an hour before the store opens and then a regular shift. I put regular shift on shiftswap board and it got taken, now I’m just scheduled for the one hour training.

I have no issue going in for it, as the reason I shift swapped was just some extra time to work on finals, but just thought it was weird how I’m only scheduled for one hour now? Is that possible?

I dont believe so if I remember right when that happened to me in the past I still got paid for 3hrs. Im not sure if thats a state or company thing though?

It’s three hours, but it sounds like they scheduled that hour of training with the intention of you having a shift afterwards

They can't schedule you for an hour without paying you for 3, but they didn't schedule you that way. Because you voluntarily gave up most of your shift, you will only be paid for 1 hour. If it is just computer training, they will probably let you add it to another shift if you ask.

I have a TM who works for only 2 hours on truck days on weekdays (MWF). He doesn’t mind, he’s one of the TMs getting the truck unload fast

Minimum is 3 but if I’m not mistaken even if you don’t work 3 hours I think you actually have to get paid for 3 hours. Like during orientation if your orientation takes an hour and a half you still get paid for 3. It’s probably the selling training ‍♂️

The HR reps may have to voice on this. But training hours may differ from operation hours.

Or you they will reschedule or make you punch correct the training and tack it onto another shift. There is the 3hr rule, but I have gone into my stores for interviews, training, or admin work and only clock for 30mins or 1hr.

If they are scheduling you in advance they can do multiple 3 hour shifts, if it's last minute they have to offer 4 hours. They pay 3 hours if they cut you from a longer shift however if you gave up the time that's on you. It would be like me offering 4 hours but the TM saying they can only work 2. If they choose to take less than the offer that's on the TM, not management.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back