Archived Missing payroll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadAndKhaki

I'm sorry, we don't do that at this store.
Curious

My store is cutting hours like crazy, executives say we don't have the payroll Schedule has already been released but we're being asked to leave early or not even come in. I don't really know how payroll works but I feel like something sketchy is going on.

I'm signing and I've been told that I get my own bank for hours yet I have been asked to go home early.

I spoke with flow tl and he's upset because they apparently earned +400hours but his team has only been given about 300hrs.

I heard one story where TLs have been extending which is why everyone else has to go home.

Another story I heard is that the executives are purposely cutting hours to benefit their bonuses.

I've only been working here for a little over two years but this year seems more intense hiur-wise.

Yep, we have been insanely bare-bones the last 2 weeks. Someone said today it’s because we went over hours last week...yeah no chance we went over last week because we were sooo short-staffed and had people call out non-stop. Those explanations make more sense

Curious

My store is cutting hours like crazy, executives say we don't have the payroll Schedule has already been released but we're being asked to leave early or not even come in. I don't really know how payroll works but I feel like something sketchy is going on.

I'm signing and I've been told that I get my own bank for hours yet I have been asked to go home early.

I spoke with flow tl and he's upset because they apparently earned +400hours but his team has only been given about 300hrs.

I heard one story where TLs have been extending which is why everyone else has to go home.

Another story I heard is that the executives are purposely cutting hours to benefit their bonuses.

I've only been working here for a little over two years but this year seems more intense hiur-wise.
It's not an hours bank per se but more of a baseline of how many hours are given to signing no matter the workload. It's 28.5 and more if there's a heavy week. That being said if times are hard it will get cut down.

It's not an hours bank per se but more of a baseline of how many hours are given to signing no matter the workload. It's 28.5 and more if there's a heavy week. That being said if times are hard it will get cut down.
that being said the week of the 4th there's 9 allotted one the breakdown. With the giant urban threads sign to build...lol.

Doesn't make a lot of sense. Team leads are already guaranteed 32 hours and at some stores they get 40, so them extending doesn't eat up all your payroll.

Not many stores allow overtime this time of year. That hurts an executive bonus just like missing payroll does.

Not exactly how it works. They could lose their bonus if they miss payroll but they don't get a bonus for simply cutting it. I bet your store overspent at the beginning of the month and now it's caught up to them.

Stores can earn more hours but some spend it before they actually earn/lock it in.

I remember in the hours thread there were team members bragging how their store never cut hours. Maybe it's simply caught up to them.

My old TL doesn't understand why I haven't been getting my full schedule (6-230). I've been told many times by LODs I can stay until I get my workload done.

I was also told signing gets 60hours per week in my bank.

We we're even cutting hours during Christmas time. Sending people home on Christmas Eve, not having anyone on the floor to cover calls. It was between electronics, fitting room, and front lanes to clear them.

We're resetting shampoos, hair accessories and some Cosmo and we are STILL being "sent" home early.

The LODs are walking around with grids asking people to leave. Calling them to not come in and not changing them in the system. We've even had call offs and genuine no calls no shows and they aren't calling people to come in their place.

I do know we have a brand new STL and have been getting visits 2-4 times a month for the last few months. Our STL freaks out and calls people in to done or blitz. That's the only "rational" explanation I can think of.

My money is on this one. Last week of the fiscal year is next week.

I know I heard that redcards are a part of their bonuses too. I remember having an ETL yell at me on the floor in electronics because I wasn't getting enough redcards and we we're missing goal.

Funny enough it's the same ETL that's asking people to go home

that being said the week of the 4th there's 9 allotted one the breakdown. With the giant urban threads sign to build...lol.

Where can I find how many hours they give me per week?

Sometimes the MPM app on my Zebra has a payroll section showing (I assume it's only supposed to be there when an ETL is logged in). It shows all kinds of interesting info about payroll allocations, forecasts, and spending, for each workcenter and every store in the district.

Checked it today and saw my store is 40 hours over, but every other store in the district is at least a couple hundred hours over.

Sometimes the MPM app on my Zebra has a payroll section showing (I assume it's only supposed to be there when an ETL is logged in). It shows all kinds of interesting info about payroll allocations, forecasts, and spending, for each workcenter and every store in the district.

Checked it today and saw my store is 40 hours over, but every other store in the district is at least a couple hundred hours over.
We were 181 last week. Probably more now because while one etl says go home, another days sure come in. And flow never goes home on time because they aren't finished. 15 people times two plus hours adds up quick over five trucks a week.

Where can I find how many hours they give me per week?

Team members aren't able to see the hour allocations. Honestly at this time of year you have to play with it. Payroll goes down but there is a lot of work to do. Your store is trying to make payroll. I'm guessing you guys have been lagging in sales.

Team members aren't able to see the hour allocations. Honestly at this time of year you have to play with it. Payroll goes down but there is a lot of work to do. Your store is trying to make payroll. I'm guessing you guys have been lagging in sales.
I can lookup what bullseye says I should get. It doesn't mean squat.

Those last minute baby furniture build hours will likely never hit my pay stub...

My old stores use to post the hours allocations by department and what was actually scheduled. My new store doesn’t do it so it’s ASANTS. I remember my department called for 48 hours no matter what but I was only scheduled 40 and no one else was scheduled.

My store has been not approving shift swaps. I signed up to take a shift (not swap) and they instead cancelled the shifts. I’m going on vacation in February so the extra money would be nice...good thing Spot isn’t my main source of income

We're over hours for the month as well (overspent earlier in the month and not making sales.).
We're not replacing call outs and asking if TM's want to leave early. No extending shifts at all. No shifts are cut unless TM volunteers.

Found out the other night that the two ETLs have been ignoring payroll limits and scheduling to avoid screwing over both the business and employees. They haven't been extravagant, by any means, and we were told not to stay late at all, even a little, and they aren't calling people to cover call-outs as much as usual, but we've not been running on a shoestring.

Sales have been good, though, so there's that. Even with the snowstorm. Something to be said for the Super Bowl being in town, even if my store isn't really close to any of the festivities.

Sounds like your STL doesn't know how to manage payroll. My store made payroll 12/12 months last year and we comped positively in sales so we got a bunch of flex hours. Hell, during Q4 any of our TMs that wanted to work more than 40 hours were allowed to do so. I had many TLs working 6-day, 60 hour work weeks. It's reasonable to call in people to help coverage during a planned visit but if you're not negotiating their schedule as you do it then you're going to go over payroll. I've asked people to come in on a Thursday morning and then offer to give them Saturday off. Pretty good deal so most take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back