Archived Mobile Checkout

Status
Not open for further replies.

REDcardJJ

Team Leader
I've been poking around on Workbench and found some documents about a new app that will be coming to the myCheckout device: Mobile Checkout. In a nutshell, it allows a team member to check out in-store items and take payment from a guest anywhere in the store, without ever logging onto a physical POS system. This could be used to allow guests to buy clothes at the Fitting Room, pay for locked up fragrances in the Beauty department, or to break up lines at the front end.

Target's end goal is to be able to allow team members to help guests purchase online items and in store items in one transaction with a "unified POS".

I'll be back tomorrow with documents that lay out the process of how it works, but it sounds super cool.

I had a feeling that this would eventually happen

Definitely could work out in Electronics when we get big releases

This is the most pointless thing I have ever heard of. Stores only have 1 or 2 checkout devices. It is far likely to be easier and quicker to take the guest to a register than hunt down who has the my checkout device. Especially since you will need a bag for said sale.

Also I already know in my store that if you ask the softlines checkout holder to ring out she would direct you to the front lanes cause she don't have time fo dat.

I just don't like the idea of 1 POS. As a cashier, I don't want someone who's checking out asking me to order something. Between not making sales and leadership raping the front end schedule I don't have time to help someone figure what size and color top they want. This would just cause me to need backup more than I already do.

I believe their floor person had a few bags hanging off of their belt or pocket.

This. Bags could also be kept at the fitting room desk or in the beauty concierge cart.

Stores only have 1 or 2 checkout devices.

Don't quote me but I believe stores should be getting more myCheckout devices in to support this.

Don't quote me but I believe stores should be getting more myCheckout devices in to support this.

I think this is accurate. We are getting two additional myCheckouts before BTS, so we'll have a total of four in the store. No idea when mobile checkout will end up rolling out for us. When it does, I really hope they are able to design a slimmed down version of the devices.

I keep waiting for guests to be able to self-scan while they shop.
my sister and I did this at Smith’s the other day. We bought wine among the groceries, so she needed her ID, but the check out itself was super fast.

myCheckout vs. Mobile Checkout
Where to Use the Apps

Each shift confirm your team is driving sales with the myCheckout devices in the Front of Store, Apparel and Accessories, Beauty, Electronics, and Home or Rear Seasonal/Outdoor Living. (I believe stores will have a total of FIVE myCheckout devices when this program rolls out.) REDcard applications and serial numbered (that you'd have to scan) are not currently supported, so front end and electronics TMs can expect to rely on POS for many transactions.

Front of Store: Service Desk or Checklanes
Mobile Checkout App:
Use the Mobile Checkout app as a first defense against checklane backups by completing small transactions for guests using credit, debit, GiftCards (INCLUDING Merch Return Cards), or REDcard.
In practice: GSA/GSTL, Cart Attendant, or any team member can help clear the line at Express/SCO by helping guests complete small transactions (I'd say 5 items or less) via Mobile Checkout. Ideally, Corporate would want us to do this before calling for backup (if feasible)
myCheckout App: Use the myCheckout app to avoid guest disappointment when you're helping a guest and the item isn't in stock or is not carried at your store.
In practice: Save the sale at Guest Service by offering to place orders for guests when your store doesn't carry a specific product, or is out of stock on the color/size/style that the guest needs. All myCheckout orders ship free.'
Apparel and Accessories: Fitting Room
Mobile Checkout App:
Use the Mobile Checkout app to provide VIP service by allowing guests to skip the checklanes while actively selling. Help guests complete small transactions from the salesfloor allowing them to complete their Target run. This is a good opportunity to actively sell to guests because it doesn't give them the chance to change their mind while doing other shopping or before the reach the checklanes.
In practice: Guests with a couple of Softlines items can receive a fast checkout experience right from the fitting room. Unless the guest has other shopping to do, check them out immediately using Mobile Checkout. This app could be used to track team member sales from the floor.
myCheckout App: Use the myCheckout app to find the right size or a different style for the guest when you're out or don't carry it. Free standard shipping right to their home.
In practice: Save the sale by ordering Target.com exclusive items, or out of stock items directly to your guest's home. Shipping is free.​

Beauty: Sample Table? (any central area in the Beauty Dept.)
Mobile Checkout App: Use Mobile Checkout to quickly checkout guests during Beauty demo events, or whenever actively selling to a guestt. Use the device during brand launches to lock in the sale.
In practice: As soon as you hand a product to a guest, offer to get them checked out right in your department. This lets them beat the line and the checklanes and get on with their day. Locked up fragrances could also be purchased right in your department, eliminating any AP risk or the need for a TM to physically bring it to the checklanes.​

myCheckout App: Use the myCheckout app to find the right color or brand for the guest when you're out or don't carry it. Free standard shipping right to their home.
In practice: Save the sale by ordering Target.com exclusive items, or out of stock items directly to your guest's home. Shipping is free.
Electronics: Entertainment, Phone Accessories (kind of redundant when you have your own registers...)

Mobile Checkout App: Drive ease and convenience for guests picking up a few big items for a quick Target run.
In practice: literally no clue how this is useful to Electronics.
myCheckout App: Use the myCheckout app to save the sale when you're out or don't carry a product that the guest is looking for. Free standard shipping right to their home makes transporting large items easy.
In practice: Ship that TV right to their home, no more struggling to get it in the car ;-)
Home or Rear Seasonal/Outdoor Living
Mobile Checkout App:
Drive sales throughout Home and make checkout a breeze for guests shopping for large items.
In practice: Load up heavy items onto a flat and have the guest pay for it immediately. Carry it out to their car without ever stopping at the checklanes.
myCheckout App: Delivery is perfect for items that don't fit in the car.
In practice: Save the sale when you're out of stock on items that the guest needs to complete their collection or want another color of.
Your store will also be receiving 5 new Zebra printers which will be used to print receipts after a Mobile Checkout purchase. You'll get some receipt paper in (designed to fit in the Zebra printers), but it isn't reorderable on SAP right now. In the meantime, if you run out, take partially used rolls from a checklane.

Mobile Checkout receipts cannot be reprinted, and I am not sure if they are visible on InsidePOS.

Alcohol CAN be sold using Mobile Checkout. TM holding the device should be old enough to sell liquor in your state.

Promotional GiftCard deals work on Mobile Checkout. Coupons, WIC/SNAP, cash, check, Cartwheel/Wallet do not.

Unlock spiderwraps for the guest at electronics or the checklanes. The rollout guide says to walk guests to the checklanes or electronics for a bag, but I'd say keep bags at the fitting room and your beauty sample table along with promotional GiftCards.

Email receipts are coming eventually.

Use the Mobile Checkout app to supplement checkout support by completeing small transactions. (Line busting). Your first backup responder should be a TM carrying a myCheckout device.

let me know if you have any questions. I've been playing around with this app for a little bit.

This is a great idea or like you know how at Nordstrom’s rack how hey have a device that’s lets you only pay by card and must be 10 items or less to check out I think that would be nice to have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back