Modernization's effect on those with disabilities and/or work restrictions

I'm curious as to whether or not modernization has affected those with disabilities and/or work restrictions. What kind of accommodations are possible with the requirement that tm's are responsible for their work end to end?

I'm curious as to whether or not modernization has affected those with disabilities and/or work restrictions. What kind of accommodations are possible with the requirement that tm's are responsible for their work end to end?
My partner is unable to use high ladders or the WAV because he has a severe fear of heights made worse with anxiety disorder. It also causes him to get very anxious after 4 days of work in a row. He is under treatment. With his two doctors, He filled out an ADA form to make accommodations.

They cut his hours to 3-6 hours/week, and transferred him from home storage to soft lines inbound.

He filed a formal complaint. It was dismissed.

That is as far as I will comment.

They forced them out. Now to be completely legal and to CMA they all quit. But yeah after talking to the ETL and the STL.

they also changed the core requirements for the job. And offered no option for reasonable accommodations to any one. Saying that they could no longer fulfill the core roles of the job.

stocking a bloody shelf has not changed one bit moving a pallet hasn’t changed. Target is as evil as any corporation. Perhaps worse because they cloak themselves with an air of respectability. But it is all smoke and mirrors.

My partner is unable to use high ladders or the WAV because he has a severe fear of heights made worse with anxiety disorder. It also causes him to get very anxious after 4 days of work in a row. He is under treatment. With his two doctors, He filled out an ADA form to make accommodations.

They cut his hours to 3-6 hours/week, and transferred him from home storage to soft lines inbound.

He filed a formal complaint. It was dismissed.

That is as far as I will comment.

Cutting to 3-6 hours/week because he can't work 4 days in a row is some malicious compliance shit there.

It comes off as shitty, they accommodated him, IMO. Put him in a position where he will almost never need to use the WAV.

Does this mean that you don't lift heavy items or don't climb ladders or get carts from outside or stock top shelves or ... what?
I'm front end, older and dont have to do heavy lifting. That impacts driveup, carryout, etc. I really was prepared to just quit. But my management, from ETL to store manager, made it clear they wanted me to stay. Mind you, I do get my red cards, am highly reliable, am fast, and never have complaints. That probably makes a difference.

Last edited:
Back