Movable Backroom Aisles

Like I said front loaded seasonal. That will never change tho. Front loading seasonal is a strategy that’s paid off for target and helped them sell through tons of stuff that before was left to salvage or sell for 70/90% off. When was the last time you didn’t sell out of seasonal a week before the holiday?
Did other people not have 20+ skids of Christmas salvage? Every store in my district certainly did.

Like I said front loaded seasonal. That will never change tho. Front loading seasonal is a strategy that’s paid off for target and helped them sell through tons of stuff that before was left to salvage or sell for 70/90% off. When was the last time you didn’t sell out of seasonal a week before the holiday?
Our Seasonal section contains a lot of Market, HBA, Chem and Sporting goods....

Movable aisles have been great for us, but we only use it for hold space. Using it for backstock sounds atrocious.

Did other people not have 20+ skids of Christmas salvage? Every store in my district certainly did.
Not in my market, everyone was down to pretty much nothing by the time it salvaged in my area.
Our Seasonal section contains a lot of Market, HBA, Chem and Sporting goods....
And? That’s normal this time of year. I’m referring to seasonal product as a term not a department.

Doesn’t really help with sales. Besides the outliers that target warned us about last year and when they front load seasonal I don’t really feel they send more than necessary when you’re current of freight and your data is accurate. The issue is store back rooms are too small for the the drastic sales growth due to Covid a few years ago and the current solution is movable aisles. It’s not the forever solution likely but it works. The increased freight isn’t going away. Why would a company bot replenish OOS items for 2 days? Seems like a terrible business idea
I was commenting that our current Seasonal set up has Too Much Product.... aka — HQ sent more than was necessary....

Back