Movie returns

How is everyone doing with all the movie ir this week? I'm pulling last years Christmas. Some movies where still in lock up cases from way back. Location accuracy is horrible. Item needed is not in the Waco. I think we've pulled about 8 batches. There's still a whole lot left to do. I knew it was going to be alot when the 3rd party was no longer doing the returns.

So far I've boxed up over 2,000 movies and I have more 3-tiers filled with the ones I still need to box up. I was lucky that I had someone to help pull the batches because I would not be getting it done this week if I didn't have help. Almost every batch had at least 100 eaches and a few were close to 300.

I guess we were lucky that our rep was pretty good about sending product. I had maybe a total of 500 units to pull.

The only thing that I had issues with is location accuracy. Even though I forwarned the leader several weeks ago about it, I ended up being the one to update all the movie locations.

To be honest I wasn't looking forward taking back movies, but I don't think its going to be as heavy as it used to be. It seems every reset they shorten the pogs.

I guess we were lucky that our rep was pretty good about sending product. I had maybe a total of 500 units to pull.

The only thing that I had issues with is location accuracy. Even though I forwarned the leader several weeks ago about it, I ended up being the one to update all the movie locations.

To be honest I wasn't looking forward taking back movies, but I don't think its going to be as heavy as it used to be. It seems every reset they shorten the pogs.
I was so happy when I heard we would be taking over movies again, our rep was terrible and I think they only sent stuff back a handful of times in total. After this batch of returns, I think it will be much easier going forward. From what our entertainment person said, the next reset for movies is going to make it extremely small.

Unfortunately there are no locations at all on the floor for movies or books at our store. It’s a mess and makes it impossible for me to find anything. Does anyone else have this problem? There are a lot problems with empty wacos in the back room supposedly having items in them too. It’s a mess.

Unfortunately there are no locations at all on the floor for movies or books at our store. It’s a mess and makes it impossible for me to find anything. Does anyone else have this problem? There are a lot problems with empty wacos in the back room supposedly having items in them too. It’s a mess.
The only time you will get salesfloor locations is when IR is a recall item. We don't have to try find movies or books on the floor only want is in the back and located. I'm having the same issue with the item not being in the waco box. I am the only one pulling all of these returns. I just scan everything that is in the waco then hitting all items scan. I've made the dbo aware of the issue.

The only time you should go to the sales floor to find items are for recalls. In the past the system used to direct you to the floor to get items, but they removed that a few years ago. I hate that they pulled this function away for certain things (journals/day planners and non book/cd/movie items because then we just get stuck with them) Just focus on getting what is backstocked, typically when it comes to movie and book IRs, the same items will keep on dropping in until they get sent out. This isn't always the case, but I've notice books/movies drop in multiple weeks in a row. There is a point where it will stopping dropping in, but chances are if you miss it one week, it will go back into a batch in a week or two.

Also, I'm not sure if it is company-wide, but at least in my store, there is a reset coming in entertainment. So a bunch of stuff will be coming off the floor (mostly movies as that section is shrinking down to next to nothing), and things should be backstocked so hopefully you can get more stuff sent out.

It's not best practice but you can manually pull from the SF and update the count in Revlog (after pull completed, but before you go through 'lets ship')

Last edited:
We are still looking for so many ! The DBO tied all the new pogs and set all the revisions already - so all of the movies needed no longer have locations on the sales floor, also they are not on any new pog and . . . . not backstocked, so, we’re not sure where they are ! Probably under all the reshop, Sigh.

We had inventory early August. I thought the location accuracy would not be an issue so soon after inventory. I wonder if alot of the issues are related to the 3rd party vendor that was doing the previous returns.

Location accuracy was the killer.. We backstocked a ton of stuff that seemed like they turned around and dropped whatever we back stocked into a batch to pull.. Over 500 movies just on the first and second pass. Still trying to catch up from vacation, since the idiot that they made me train didn't do shit.

Back