Archived moving an endcap into a new department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flow Warrior

progenitor of thalassophobia
Ok, I been having this discussion with ETL-GE about this one endcap adjacent to two departments. In the one it currently belongs too the frieght rarely replenishes because it simply doesn't sell well. So it either looks like trash or has to be fill with random items.

This wouldn't be a problem but the other department decided to use it for an item that sells well but has poor home location space. I suggested that the endcap be given permanently to other department. all good expect the pogs for the endcap would need to be set and that would add extra work that needs not be there.

So suddenly he's hedging about it. Obviously I won't do anything without approval but I am curious to the ETLs out there how do you move an endcap in the system. Can this even be done?

I know you can change the custom block as ETL-Log did for another endcap that solved a problem of mixing food and chemicals together. (some flow people still cant read pic labels after numerous times explaining this.)

Thanks.

Just ask the pptl or tl who does endcaps for that area. Take it!

On a my device, do a store tie. Scan item & hit the plus sign. Add aisle#, -0- section, then qty. after a week, check on performance to see how sales are going there . If it is a dud, it will go away. Excepton seasonal stuff, they have to stay out.

Last edited:
Online planogram is your friend. Mostly used by Plano team and TLs but anyone has access. The system will let you tie them in any block. You can also untie it and retie it elsewhere, problem solved. If you enter the pog numbers on the zebra you can untie and tie also, but be careful it will try to drop a batch to fill the endcap so select no if you are just moving it. As with any endcap, unless it’s permanent or semi-perm, expect it to randomly vanish when the pptl does their job (which for me in domestics and stationary is only once every 2 weeks).

Store ties end up never getting filled at my store because no one pushes to them. Also store ties are a bitch to maintain because you can’t drop pog batches to fill them up.

Also; as a hardlines TL, if someone wanted to take an endcap off my hands and had a good plan to fill and maintain it with somethint not too out of place, I would be like hell yeah take it!
Just ask the pptl or tl who does endcaps for that area. Take it!

On a my device, do a store tie. Scan item & hit the plus sign. Add aisle#, -0- section, then qty. after a week, check on performance to see how sales are going there . If it is a dud, it will go away. Excepton seasonal stuff, they have to stay out.

Store ties end up never getting filled at my store because no one pushes to them. Also store ties are a bitch to maintain because you can’t drop pog batches to fill them up.

Also; as a hardlines TL, if someone wanted to take an endcap off my hands and had a good plan to fill and maintain it with somethint not too out of place, I would be like hell yeah take it!
That's my point and exactly what I presented. That said TM was going to be responsible for endcap from now on. ETL didn't have a problem with it but Flow TL who is over the section (we lost a sr TL so now the E2e sections are divided amongst us and stupidly the endcap is in the middle of this) interpeted this as he needs Tm of the endcap its actually in to be more responsible and fill it. Said TM is not responsible.

So, I guess the better question how to get the system to send different pogs to the endcap other than the current ones. Its either that or seriously deviating a 4 foot section to allow for the space needed. Just trying to find a functional and lasting solution that doesn't piss someone off.

Its just A fcking end cap. Wtf . Put crap on it. Different crap every week. What is it 3 fcking 3 foot shelves you are talking about?. Fill it with shit, there should be a ton of shit laying around. You wanna bring your srtl and etl log into it wtf. Just execute it. Fill it your self

That's my point and exactly what I presented. That said TM was going to be responsible for endcap from now on. ETL didn't have a problem with it but Flow TL who is over the section (we lost a sr TL so now the E2e sections are divided amongst us and stupidly the endcap is in the middle of this) interpeted this as he needs Tm of the endcap its actually in to be more responsible and fill it. Said TM is not responsible.

So, I guess the better question how to get the system to send different pogs to the endcap other than the current ones. Its either that or seriously deviating a 4 foot section to allow for the space needed. Just trying to find a functional and lasting solution that doesn't piss someone off.

Honestly I do my own SPLs and I just tell the PPTL hey I’m using this endcap, even though the adjacency states that this Perm/Semi spl needs to go here, it hasn’t done well, etc. what ever the case may be, I want my department looking a certain way, I am responsible so I’m setting this end cap as such. Seriously shouldn’t be a huge issue, if they’re adamant about going by the adjacency-I was when I became TL, probably would need to have a talk with PPTL, your peer, and possibly ETL to get everyone on the same page about what you want to do. sometimes if I didn’t have room I made a small section in the pass throughs. I needed it set and had product, so it was done. No need to fret about it. I have some strong TMs who know how to set and drop batches and pull them, so when I’m not around they could help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back