Archived MRC ( merchandise return card)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget the junkies who pickup receipts in the parking lot, find it on the salesfloor and return it.
Hate them!! Hate the coupon scammers!! Hate the G
Don't forget the junkies who pickup receipts in the parking lot, find it on the salesfloor and return it.
I hate these returners, I hate the GC cash-out scammer people, and I hate the coupon scammers. I have work to do and they are wasting my time.

We get those too, if it was paid for with a debit card we tell them we need to see the card lol.
Yeah we aren't allowed to do same day debit purchase refund onto cash anymore. Too many issues with cashing out Visa GC cards.

Hey everyone! New member here at the Break Room. I'm curious has anyone actually used the MRC gift card for guests doing no receipt returns or have updated to V49 for the POS? We've had the cards for over a month now.

Hey everyone! New member here at the Break Room. I'm curious has anyone actually used the MRC gift card for guests doing no receipt returns or have updated to V49 for the POS? We've had the cards for over a month now.
When you get to the recommended refund screen, it will only allow you to scan a MRC. They only work in-store.

When you get to the recommended refund screen, it will only allow you to scan a MRC. They only work in-store.

Interesting, thank you. I talked to my GSTL earlier today we're expecting to get the new update sometime this week.

Are you guys going to have to cash them out like a gift card?

We could take them as payment yesterday but we still can't use them for returns even though we are now on v49.

Are you guys going to have to cash them out like a gift card?
If you are in a state that requires a store to cash out gift cards, then yes you will have to. There's an MRC FAQ in Workbench.

I haven't had anyone redeem them at the Service Desk, but I have definitely issued some out to guests. Only one was guest upset that they couldn't use it online but understood the reason after explaining it.

Oh I had a guest cry big crocodile tears when he came from a different store and wanted to put the $ from the MRC onto a regular gift card at my store. No can do, buddy. So you better figure out how to use it in store or tough luck.

Aren't these just merchandise vouchers that Target had back in the day.

Can someone clarify the statement I read that if you paid with a GC the amount will be refunded on to a MRC?

Can someone clarify the statement I read that if you paid with a GC the amount will be refunded on to a MRC?
I believe if you paid with a GC but have a regular non-gift receipt, you will still get a regular GC back. Anything else goes back on an MRC.

It prompts you as to what card you need to use. If a guest paid with a gift card, they will get a gift card back. If it's a no receipt return or a gift receipt, they will get a MRC back.

It prompts you as to what card you need to use. If a guest paid with a gift card, they will get a gift card back. If it's a no receipt return or a gift receipt, they will get a MRC back.

This cause I asked our GS peeps after we got them.. I have done several returns and it will prompt for the MRC when it needs it, otherwise regular gift card.

Thank you. I had some scammer yesterday do a return with part of a receipt. It prompted me for a GC and not a MRC card. Just wondered why and now it makes sense. Do you know if these cards can be used at those cash machines that cash out GC's?

Thank you. I had some scammer yesterday do a return with part of a receipt. It prompted me for a GC and not a MRC card. Just wondered why and now it makes sense. Do you know if these cards can be used at those cash machines that cash out GC's?

I don't think they can....at least that's what I was told.

If you are in a state that requires a store to cash out gift cards, then yes you will have to. There's an MRC FAQ in Workbench.

I haven't had anyone redeem them at the Service Desk, but I have definitely issued some out to guests. Only one was guest upset that they couldn't use it online but understood the reason after explaining it.

Not cashing them out at my store per my APETL

Not cashing them out at my store per my APETL
Technically it is not a GC. I know the paperwork we got said if we are in one of the states that do GC cash outs we also do them on these cards. What is the point of issuing these cards if they can just cash them out?

Probably because most states can't cash them out and they would rather have a blanket card than make up separate ones for those states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back