Archived My early salute to all my fellow East Cost workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
man, I was searching around and every isle of chips, can food (chef boyrdee, pagresso, cambells) water, vitamin water, apple sauce, etc...all out!!! luckily I was able to score a 6500 watt generator from a local home depot for my parents just incase power does go out.

the oj was out too! I was lucky enough to grab a big bottle of the gold peaks ice tea. that stuff is amazing lol

Lol it was just for me because I like that brand haha. We have enough water to last us forever with the filter water we have from the fridge, purified from the sink and distilled lol.

I'm so glad I'm not in the immediate danger zone. The most I'm going to get from Sandy is a freeze advisory.
But, when I lived in Florida, I remember seeing the empty isles where bread and non-perishables were supposed to be.

Haha well you're lucky. It's very windy and rainy right now. Stl already closed our store (crisis hotline)

When I worked for Target, I was most definitely not in a severe weather region (Arizona doesn't exactly get a lot of hurricanes or snowstorms). Glad I never had to deal with that.

(Of course, now I live in NYC, so I'm definitely going to get to deal with this one. Good times.)

No bread, water, flashlights, batteries, soup, few chips, and little juice left.

It was a rough day!

that's how our store was saturday lol, and still is! For all who are on the east coast who are going to be in this, frankenstorm: be safe!!!!
No bread, water, flashlights, batteries, soup, few chips, and little juice left.

It was a rough day!

My store is still open as of now...I called out. My safety is more important as my family and I prepare for this hurricane. It's a joke that all schools have closed and certain areas of my town are under mandatory evacuation and Target is still open. I wonder how they'll work it when the hurricane touches down later today and they're still open with TMs and guests still in the store.

That's irresponsible. That's irresponsible to the guests they are encouraging to be out in it and the employees who feel they need to be there or risk not having a job. Who makes the decision on whether or not to close the store?

That's irresponsible. That's irresponsible to the guests they are encouraging to be out in it and the employees who feel they need to be there or risk not having a job. Who makes the decision on whether or not to close the store?

From my understanding, the STL or ETL HR posts a message on the crisis hotline as to whether the store is open or closed, but I'm unsure if they're the ones making the final call. They may be getting feedback from corporate, more than likely.

It's wreckless. I'm insulted that I even had to call out when the store shouldn't have been open. This seems like a decision a company that was aiming for Worst Company Ever would make rather than Best Company Ever.

My store was open from 8-12 today, Overnight tonight is not happening, and was told tuesday might be washout for overnight as well....

Having called the hotline and my store itself, apparently we're still open. While the worst isn't supposed to hit here until later, I do wonder how long it takes for the hotline number to update it's status. Mainly since I've heard cops are going around saying they want everybody off the street by 1pm.

state of emergency, no one on streets, all schools closed.....but don't worry. target is open. no bread, no eggs, no water, no flashlights....but lets stay open.

That's what I'm saying! They don't even have anything...they ran out of water on SATURDAY. I bet they got more Sunday but they ran out of that too. It's time to close. You don't have anything left and you're just risking lives.

state of emergency, no one on streets, all schools closed.....but don't worry. target is open. no bread, no eggs, no water, no flashlights....but lets stay open.

This is what I don't understand...if people aren't supposed to be on the streets because they've declared a state of emergency, then how in the hell can a business be open?! You are encouraging people to ignore a police order to come shopping for things they don't need? (Because you've sold out of things they could possibly need at this point). Businesses who do stupid things like this at the peril of their employees and customers have their priorities completely backwards (to put it nicely).

Just called the number, apparently they're closing at 1 (now). Not sure why they stayed open at all, but I'm glad they're making sure people are okay by not staying open any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back