Archived My early salute to all my fellow East Cost workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Price Accuracy Team, the Plano Team, and Early Morning Team were told not to come in until 7am tomorrow. Thank God we came in on Sunday to do Monday's work and now we are almost done with tomorrow's work so even if we go in later tomorrow, it won't really affect my scores. My store is waiting to hear from the DTL if they are closing early or not....I'm just happy to be done with my shift.

My STL said we will not be closing. Evacuations, flooded roadways, state of emergency, order to stay off the roads. We're still open.

Smart decision there. Gotta make that whole what...$5??!

It sounds like there is a train going by outside and we've got trees and powerlines snapping like toothpicks but I'll be at work with bells on ....

RIGHT!!!!!!

My STL said we will not be closing. Evacuations, flooded roadways, state of emergency, order to stay off the roads. We're still open.

Smart decision there. Gotta make that whole what...$5??!

Seriously. No one is coming in today or tomorrow. The store will save money being closed.

I was the only team member in the building. STL, HR, and two other ETLs, 2 GSTLs, and 2 HLTLs were with me. We closed down our store early.

What a day.

DTL made us open the store today, despite no power. Local power went out around 1am due to wind, and when the STL arrived at 5am he found a dark store. Generator didn't automatically kick in, and he had to do it. 7am, most of the team arrived. No public transit due to flooding, so it was only the ETLs/TLs/local TMs who arrived. Doors opened at 8am, people started coming in. People were shopping all day, with 25% lighting. No pfresh. No debit/gift card transactions due to the network being down. That led to no PDAs being available, no MAX access, planograms, defectives, labels, clearance, autofills, CAFs, everything.

STL finally left around 615, told the LOD to close up at 7pm tonight. Guest traffic died after the sun went down. Closed, and zoned for half an hour before we finally all left. Tomorrow we get to throw away all of our food!

Another fun day at Target! Hopefully power comes on sometime tomorrow...

We opened, although a little later then usual. Stayed open until a little before we usually close. Most of our neighboring stores were closed. Everything we didn't sell out of (candles and the like) were hit hard today. Did really well with sales, I was wrong on that one. People did come in to get more stuff because they have no power...the people that didn't prepare have now realized the severity of the situation. Power may not return for awhile, although I currently have power...most don't.

Our attendance was probably about 40% today. Hopefully it will improve tomorrow. I did an open to close to make up for calling in the other day and to help out. Rough day haha

Last edited:
GTCs to you both.
Hope things get better for you all soon.

At first I was angry about having to go in to work. Who the hell are these morons who are out shopping in the middle of a hurricane? I found out...most of them are people who were evacuated from their homes and NEED socks, underwear, etc. Some people were in shelters because they had lost everything. The shelters were here shopping for blankets etc. People with no power were looking for a hot drink and a place to warm up. It was both a humbling and rewarding experience to have worked it Monday, Tues and today so far. I am emotionally and physically exausted but oh so greatful to be one of the lucky ones.

are you ok?

Still alive.
No power and a big ole tree through the roof of my garage but otherwise doing OK.
Thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts and concern.
I'm stealing power and bandwidth right now but will be back when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back