Archived My early salute to all my fellow East Cost workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let the crazy times begin for this hurricane!

I do O/N's, i went in about an hour or so early the night before the hurricane hit last year. My bread isle was cleaned out, and most all other isles in market were barren as well. Dropped a GRC1 manual, that alone took an hour to pull at my fastest..... No batteries in sight..

So lets get ready folks! This should be FUN!

now where's my beer.....

When Katrina & Rita hit (one-two punch), our store got cleaned out big time on air mattresses, sheets, pillows, etc because of incoming relatives fleeing the hurricanes.
2 months later, TONS of returns - much of which had clearanced/salvaged out :(

I'm ready, last years hurricane was loads of fun.

Argh I'm supposed to start my new job Monday. If schools are closed or dismissed early... No work and no pay. My parents live 5 miles from the Jersey Shore so they will be in much worse place than I am but we have been through rougher storms before.

Supposedly, we may get a snowstorm in my neck of the woods if the hurricane goes far enough inland to hit the cold front. But we'll see.

From what I am getting from my news, most of the eastern sea board will see some heavy rain. But it shouldn't be big on wind strength.

We actually had three carts with wheels broken off because the guest loaded them so full of water.

Thank god I have off until next weekend.

Got a call from my STL early this morning asking if I could come in tomorrow morning to get Monday's Price Changes completed. The LOD will be calling my team members to see if they are willing to come in. Well, at leastI won't be going through what I went through last year with the Hurricane...getting 5 days worth of Price Change done in 3 days. Talk about having to be able to strategize, plus being allowed some OT helped out as well.

LOLjk, I'm a mid tomorrow and closing Monday.

Time to buy a canoe!

Guys, be sure to know the Crisis Hotline number! 1-800-888-0333

put in your store number and you will hear a message from your ETL HR or STL about whether your store is open that day...so I guess call like two hours or so before your shift.

Got a call from my STL early this morning asking if I could come in tomorrow morning to get Monday's Price Changes completed. The LOD will be calling my team members to see if they are willing to come in. Well, at leastI won't be going through what I went through last year with the Hurricane...getting 5 days worth of Price Change done in 3 days. Talk about having to be able to strategize, plus being allowed some OT helped out as well.

I never thought about that....... I should find people to help out on Monday, I'm the only "Pricing Team Member" on Monday.... Oh god.. Hope we don't get slammed with this storm.... ugh...

That's why we''re coming in Sunday morning because we know that this area will get slammed and my town has a reputation of losing power. We will get
through Monday's workload today (hopefully) then start and maybe finish Tuesday's workload tomorrow, this mayIf we end up losing power my timeliness won't take a hit.

My ETL-Log (im an O/N BR TM) is having people come in early tonight(sunday) to start our truck and auto-fills an hour early.....

So I stopped in at my Target to grab some gold peak iced tea and wanted to see the chaos since I took off for a few days and this was....the bread and pastry isle. Lol.

7DF5D35D-51C6-45B7-B197-8DB88D4F55A5-10759-000003B0031A23C2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back