Archived My Journey out of Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 5 years as a team member and now 4 months of the ETL world I have started my exit from Target. I have realized that the hours I am putting in, constant Groupme messages on my days off, and the expectations for the pay I am receiving is not worth it. I thought once I got to the ETL level the pay would outweigh the bad parts of the job, but it does not. I recently attended a career fair as a rep for target and was offering these fresh college kids a starting salary that was greater than mine... My goal in life was always to be in law enforcement and I have started that search for a career I will enjoy and hours that are manageable for me and my family before it is too late. I have my written test Monday and if I pass I will be taking a physical test sometime in the next three weeks. I know we hear a lot of good coming from those who leave Target, and I hope now it is my chance! I enjoy a lot of the job, like working with my team and some of the tasks we do, but for the most part it is not enjoyable enough anymore. I will be with Target through fourth quarter and will still be active on the site though :)

Congratulations and the best of luck to you.
Drop by and let us know how things are going from time to time.

Congratulations on making the right choice for yourself before it's too late. I hope your new path brings you lots of happiness and is a much better fit for you and your family. :)

Yeah for you and your family!!!! Congrats and best to you .
Please be careful.

Last edited:
Sorry it didn't work out for you ,congrats on being promoted from within,from my experience you have to be excellent plus nd still have people pushing for you,you are right the pay does not compensate for what you have to give and what you have to take,unlike most of my friends I feel sorry for anyone in an etl position,don't think I have to say why.best of luck to you with you future career.

Spent my day off today taking the written test and passed for the sheriffs department I am applying to. Have my physical test next Tuesday and then I'll have a background check(much longer and more thorough than Spots).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back