Archived My store is becoming like a Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store's been doing that all summer. It strictly irks me only because whenever I'm trying to walk back to Frozen I'm always stuck behind that sunday-walking couple looking down the aisles to see what they can waste their money on after all essentials, and I can't just go around because someone is already walking down the parallel side so I'm just stuck there standing behind a container until I can effectively get to Frozen lol

They are starting to have various merchandise in the middle of the main walkways.

Thread number three huh?

Yes we all have the big red baskets now but with them not letting flow start earlier unless we get a double there are cardboard cages and pallets blocking the aisles even after 830am. It's pretty awful

We have these weird cardboard things that are supposed to look like crates in the main aisle by grocery that have like pies and stuff in them, it's so annoying. The red baskets don't really bother me, we moved all of them up to the checklanes. As for the amplified gifting, we only have two that aren't in softlines, so it's not too bad for me, but I'm sure it's a disaster for them.

This amplified gifting shit in the middle of the main aisle in entertainment and toys is a nightmare.
Until a old lady in a motorized wheelchair ramps it trying to shout at someone behind her to hurry up. Then it becomes a huge mess.

Our first amplified gifting thing, the one with the big plush animals, was knocked over by some girls the day after it was built and fell apart.

As I was leaving tonight I noticed that display. It was standing but all the animals were on the floor. It looked like they were trying to escape orrrrr something!

I like that lion. My cats would shit if I brought that home!

We have these weird cardboard things that are supposed to look like crates in the main aisle by grocery that have like pies and stuff in them, it's so annoying.

Omg those suck lol my old store had the grocery remodel and so we actually had nice fixtures in grocery.

Those crates you mentioned are supposed to look high class/whole foods but are cheap cardboard lol

I've noticed more shippers and cardboard stands in the aisles as well.

I just wish their placement made any sort of sense.

Thread number three huh?

Yes we all have the big red baskets now but with them not letting flow start earlier unless we get a double there are cardboard cages and pallets blocking the aisles even after 830am. It's pretty awful

Starting at 6 went out the window yesterday. Asants double or not we are back at 4am till after Christmas,

Only question I got is who tf stacked that flat? Looks like some Jenga shit...

Could be the peeps I work with on packing SFS orders those boys and girls don't fucking get it that you have to stack something so it will not fall over when you move it..

Most of our amplified gifting are worked into sightlines. I hate shit in the middle of the aisles as a customer.

Thread number three huh?

We've been forbidden using the trash cages. Also, you can only have one vehicle with you on the floor. So all of your push, backstock and trash has to been on one vehicle. Ugly as all hell.

We've been forbidden using the trash cages. Also, you can only have one vehicle with you on the floor. So all of your push, backstock and trash has to been on one vehicle. Ugly as all hell.
If you've got a u-boat it's not so bad, but otherwise...yikes.

I can't tell what my store's policy is. I "hear" that it's "no pallets on the floor after open", but then I'll see the flow TL plop a pallet down in seasonal domestics, and jailers are a dime a dozen. Couple that with those effing annoying amplified gifting shippers and traffic is AWFUL around the store. I want to find the person who thought putting crap in our main aisles during the busy season was a good idea and punch them.

Phew! And I thought it was only my store. The whole place has become a freaking obstacle course!

Hah. This morning my ETL SF was upset because the shippers in the middle of the racetrack were pushed off to the side and he’s asking me why. Cmon pal, you think Pfresh is gonna pull pallets all the way around the store to stock their area?

AMPLIFIED GIFTING!
AMPLIFIED GIFTING!
AMPLIFIED GIFTING!
AMPLIFIED GIFTING!
AMPLIFIED GIFTING!
AMPLIFIED GIFTING!
AMPLIFIED GIFTING!
AMPLIFIED GIFTING!
AMPLIFIED GIFTING!
AMPLIFIED GIFTING!
AMPLIFIED GIFTING!
AMPLIFIED GIFTING!