My TL is abusing his power, what can I do?

I joined the Target family last year, I joined fulfillment and have been overworked since August. Going into Christmas my TL started dating another team member(while married with kids) that works in fulfillment, they were caught having sex in the bathroom, they consistently come back to work reeking of marijuana or alcohol. I have expressed my concerns with leadership including HR, store director and the AP leader but nothing has changed. He even brags about being untouchable and its really scummy. Today was the final straw for me though because he called in his girlfriend to come into work 2 hours early, even though we didn't need help or have a call out and he also sent home other people because hours were tight. If they were tight why did we call his gf into work 2 hours early? Can I do anything about this or should I bite my lip and smile though this. To me this is just a guy abusing his power and it is disgusting

You could call the target integrity phone. If you do decide to call them I would do *67 if on a iphone so you stay anonymous. If they get involved typically something happens just be careful. I would try to stay as anonymous as possible. Obviously multiple rules have been broken. If you get people from corporate involved something should happen. The integrity number is 1-800-541-6838. Or you could make a fake email and mail them at Integrity@Target.com which is what I would probably do. Just stay anonymous as possible so you don’t get affected by anything that happens. Be sure to know when everything happened because they will probably get AP involved.

So normally I tell people to just let it go.

In this case assuming your facts are straight, this is pretty clear cut.

Document dates and names. Who was called in, who was sent home. When?

Who caught them in the bathroom? Was HR aware? If this is true, and widely known, you can call the hotline or your hrbp and that should be enough to jumpstart things. Assuming they interview people, it should be pretty cut and dry.

Get cooperate or the apbp involved because if you just stay within your store they will probably just have the TL transfer departments because he’s dating someone in his department and they will probably ignore everything else he has done.

A team member caught them in the bathroom on black friday, once word got around what was happening there was several witnesses at work that saw them come out of the bathroom. I normally would not snitch on something like this but it really is aggravating me. I know HR knows about it and AP could pull cameras of the entrance to the bathroom.

Edited: to make sense because I am at work and typing fast

Last edited:
I'm with Jenna. You've made your concerns known. Are his issues directly affecting your work at all? If no, just keep your head down and do your job and do your best to either ignore him or bust out the popcorn and enjoy the show.

I joined the Target family last year, I joined fulfillment and have been overworked since August. Going into Christmas my TL started dating another team member(while married with kids) that works in fulfillment, they were caught having sex in the bathroom, they consistently come back to work reeking of marijuana or alcohol. I have expressed my concerns with leadership including HR, store director and the AP leader but nothing has changed. He even brags about being untouchable and its really scummy. Today was the final straw for me though because he called in his girlfriend to come into work 2 hours early, even though we didn't need help or have a call out and he also sent home other people because hours were tight. If they were tight why did we call his gf into work 2 hours early? Can I do anything about this or should I bite my lip and smile though this. To me this is just a guy abusing his power and it is disgusting
Report them, Get them the fuck out but be anonymous if possible.

Drunk and high and screwing on the clock, plus abusing the very slim payroll hours, messing with people's schedule? This circumstance isn't "snitching" at all unless you're doing similar things. The TL in this scenario needs to be fired ASAP.

I get why people are saying to be careful, as the person who informs others of bad behavior is sometimes subject to harassment, which is illegal but does happen. How trustworthy are your AP and HR and your TL/ETL?

I ask how trustworthy they are because people don't normally act this badly unless the store has a culture problem starting from the leaders. If the leaders are corrupt, you would have to consider going third party, like the integrity hotline.

How much integrity do YOU have day-to-day? Are you doing anything that, if found out, would get you in trouble too? If so, it's likely that you will have to answer for it. And I don't mean in retaliation per se, it's just that you would naturally become more visible.

If you do take action, be very patient, don't gossip at all from here out, don't lash out or talk shit. At all.

Last edited:
How do people get ass in Target? Seriously blows my mind.
In my opinion there are way too many people milling about in my store to make it feasible. About the only areas I could see would be the security office and SD's office, if the doors lock. Backroom is too open and too much traffic, even on slow nights.

My old job's first location was in a mall built in the 70s, and it had all kinds of nooks and crannies where people could hide - boiler room, computer room, mezzanines, security office. The place was like Plato's Retreat compared to Target.

I'm with Jenna. You've made your concerns known. Are his issues directly affecting your work at all? If no, just keep your head down and do your job and do your best to either ignore him or bust out the popcorn and enjoy the show.
OP said work hours are being affected, hours cut from others to give to the gf.

In my opinion there are way too many people milling about in my store to make it feasible. About the only areas I could see would be the security office and SD's office, if the doors lock. Backroom is too open and too much traffic, even on slow nights.

My old job's first location was in a mall built in the 70s, and it had all kinds of nooks and crannies where people could hide - boiler room, computer room, mezzanines, security office. The place was like Plato's Retreat compared to Target.
I worked at a store (not a Target) that someone had smuggled a couch into a crawlspace above the meat cooler, and it was used for various extramarital affairs over the 10+ (possibly 20+) years it was up there.

I had it removed, it was disgusting.

My store termed two seasonals for smoking in the restroom and indulging in amorous activities in the fire aisle. They must have been desperate because that fire aisle was colder than a polar bear’s butt ...

First, I would set up an anonymous Facebook account and message his wife. End his marriage and let his wife take him for alimony and child support. That will reduce the money he can spend on his new girlfriend.

Second, I would document everything in writing and have a close friend of the opposite sex call the Integrity Hotline and make a report. Target will have the voice of the opposite sex from a different phone number to try and find you from. Good luck.

Third, if the Integrity Hotline does not terminate him and his girlfriend in a reasonable amount of time after your friend calls, use your anonymous Facebook account to post the information on Target's main Facebook page and that specific Target's Facebook page.

First, I would set up an anonymous Facebook account and message his wife. End his marriage and let his wife take him for alimony and child support. That will reduce the money he can spend on his new girlfriend.

Second, I would document everything in writing and have a close friend of the opposite sex call the Integrity Hotline and make a report. Target will have the voice of the opposite sex from a different phone number to try and find you from. Good luck.

Third, if the Integrity Hotline does not terminate him and his girlfriend in a reasonable amount of time after your friend calls, use your anonymous Facebook account to post the information on Target's main Facebook page and that specific Target's Facebook page.
someone has thought this out great work on this

Back