Archived MyCheckout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmj958

Salesfloor TL
Am I the only one excited for MyCheckout? The extra zebras are coming this week and we've been talking to guests about the ability to purchase the items in the store on the zebra and have them shipped to their home. Now I don't feel as bad saying "we don't have it but you can order it on Target.com" lol

Oh that's so cool! I have so many guests who want to be able to order online right then and there so I think this is a smart way to capture those sales.

I read something about this last week. Is this a pilot program in certain markets or is this being rolled out company wide? It would certainly be a step in the right direction!

Anyone can. We have one with the Beauty team, and one in Electronics. If anyone needs one, they know where to go.

So what is this nonsense exactly? Somebody comes in the store, picks the stuff themselves, and then walks out without anything? Please explain this because it sounds stupid.

So what is this nonsense exactly? Somebody comes in the store, picks the stuff themselves, and then walks out without anything? Please explain this because it sounds stupid.
no. basically, guest wants an online only item. we place the online order and run their CC for them.

Can't guests already do that with their own smart phone and the Target App?

I will say, I can see this being a good thing. I work for Staples these days, and we recently gained the ability to place online orders via our scanners as well. If Spot can commit to this, along with fast delivery, I could see it being a definite benefit

I'm jealous about the card-reader though, ours still have to be rung through the register, like the savages we are

Can't guests already do that with their own smart phone and the Target App?
Having the team member pull up the item and run the card can probably save the sale with guests who would rather go elsewhere instead of doing it themselves and having to type in their card details. I would assume the only thing they need to do with these is fill out their shipping address.

Having the team member pull up the item and run the card can probably save the sale with guests who would rather go elsewhere instead of doing it themselves and having to type in their card details. I would assume the only thing they need to do with these is fill out their shipping address.
it would be really nice if it could just scan their ID and pull that in without typing

It's good bc you would capture the sale right then rather than the guest meaning to do it once they get home but never actually doing it. Best laid plans and all that.

This is off topic but what I REALLY want is the ability to monitor SCO on a Zebra. Like be able to see the items being added in real time to prevent theft and be able to fix problems from the Zebra like price changes, invalid barcodes, and reset the scale (i guess its useless now since its disabled, but I think I heard they're trying to re-enable it) Plus, it would be an excuse to keep a Zebra at the front-end so I don't have to run over to the service desk or hunt down the GSA to borrow theirs.

A lot of times the website says we have something that we don't. Usually the guests feel like it was a wasted trip, so if someone in the store helps them to order it then and there that probably quells that feeling a bit. And I assume there's a shipping discount through this as well. That way it doesn't go from them making a trip to target... To them having to order it and pay for the item + whatever shipping costs (if they happen to not have a redcard).

it would be really nice if it could just scan their ID and pull that in without typing

Problem with that is people move. Until I had to renew my license recently my address on my ID was from 6 moves ago. And when I worked in real estate roughly half the people had to show proof of address because none of the people on the deed had a correct address on their license.

Problem with that is people move. Until I had to renew my license recently my address on my ID was from 6 moves ago. And when I worked in real estate roughly half the people had to show proof of address because none of the people on the deed had a correct address on their license.
well yeah obviously there would need to be an option b but as a general way scanning ID would be nice (a la RC application)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back