Archived MyDevice Replacing PDA's

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJH212

Electronics TM
So our store just recently started using the MyDevice's for Auto's and most backroom tasks. This seems fine... in theory only. Our store definitely does not have enough devices for the team. Yesterday, I couldn't find a single device to use for the entire day. Working in Electronics.... this is totally unacceptable. Especially since we are E2E and responsible for our own backroom tasks.
Has anyone else started this new procedural use and had problems with acquiring equipment?

At the store I'm at, we started this process not too long ago. Our pulls are late, the backroom a mess, etc. We don't have enough equipment for anyone. Again, no common sense when it comes to rolling out new processes.

One thing I noticed yesterday was the lack of training/experience using the devices. Since I did not have one, I needed someone from the backroom to pull a TV for a guest. They had no clue how to remove it from the location. More than likely, that TV I sold is still showing as being in that location.

the lack of training/experience using the devices.
At my store, everyone is running around asking anyone who can help show them how to operate them. I was off for 4 days and came back to no PDA's and me jumping into the 3:00 pulls with a zebra that I had ZERO training on.

Goddamn, corporate - I know you hate properly training TM's (associates?) but this shit is getting ridiculous.

To be fair, training for the Move app was initially released last September then sent out again in mid February. Stores were provided step by step rollout guides and even given training hours for the two weeks prior to launch to prepare teams. The only reason team members are flying blind is because individual store leadership failed the process and probably used the training hours elsewhere.

As for required equipment being sparse, that's a fail on the company. Stores were sent extra Zebra devices last fall before the rollout was delayed but every store I've seen got about 50% of the amount of PDAs they are replacing which just isn't going to work.

Since were on the subject, how does one pull an item for a guest? I just got a 2 minutes training on how to pull batches on the Zebras.

Since were on the subject, how does one pull an item for a guest? I just got a 2 minutes training on how to pull batches on the Zebras.

Once you scan/key the item in MyWork, if you're on the page that shows the On Floor counts, you need to click on the item name. That will bring you to the backroom page that shows you where its located. Next to the backroom location it will say 'Take'. Click that and it will ask you how many you're removing from the location. It will then ask you to scan the location before removing.

Last edited:
Grab a checkpoint device, it has my work on there. Being in electronics, you are expected to have a checkpoint device at all times.

Grab a checkpoint device, it has my work on there. Being in electronics, you are expected to have a checkpoint device at all times.
Which would be fine if we had one that works. One is damaged, the other is just non-functional.

The replenishment system with the new my devices so far are making double work for us because it pulls more than we need.

They removed myWork from those last summer. I don't think we even have those devices any more.

Goddamn, corporate - I know you hate properly training TM's (associates?) but this shit is getting ridiculous.

ASANTS, my store sent the backroom TL to another store to train on MOVE before they rolled it out and scheduled them to overlap with overnight to train them for the autofills. The people doing the CAFs were already SFS trained so there wasn't much they needed to know outside of the different MOVE interface to select a cart.

This. Front end literally cannot give up PDAs until these get ported up
Then pray yours dont die because Zebra (which owns Motorola, the maker of those PDAs) sunsetted the hardware last year. So there is zero support for them for repair. Once they die, they are ESIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back