Archived MyDevice tracking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the same until someone disregarded the notes and just took it. I WAS PISSED! Blatant disregard and disrespect, so I too hide a few for my team just like Bosch. Gotta do what I gotta do to be able to do work for the day. If they (InBound) are just using the zebras to just push freight and backstock then they can use the PDA's. It's like comparing it to a cell phone. If all you are doing is making phone calls and texting then why do you need the fancy bells and whistles. A basic cell phone(PDA) is sufficient for their needs.

We had more problems with people stealing other people's devices when we had those POS apple devices. Cause you had to drop it in a charger every break and lunch with your name on it. And people who gave no fucks would just take which ever one was mostly charged leaving their dead one or none at all. Now I just fucking hide one, if and when leadership changes and they get their act together and put some teeth in the equipment control, I will stop hiding one. Til then? I just don't have the time nor the will to hunt one down every fucking day.

If Bluetooth is enabled on MyDevice, then you can use Blue Tooth radar apps.

If MyDevice is anything like the mobile scanners at my current work, there should be logs on who logged in last on lost or not signed out devices.

If Bluetooth is enabled on MyDevice, then you can use Blue Tooth radar apps.

If MyDevice is anything like the mobile scanners at my current work, there should be logs on who logged in last on lost or not signed out devices.
Not all the devices have Bluetooth enabled and besides that it makes the battery drain faster. I too am aware of the log and have viewed it but the problem is locating the dam devices when it's not put away in the proper location after use. Log will not help if device is sitting dead in a waco somewhere in the backroom.
I like the idea of RFID but it's not 100% foolproof. Anyone else have any ideas on how to locate stray equipment? I am all ears!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back