Archived Name change (not the marriage kind)

• Thread starter CartinalCopia
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 822
  • Tags
    hr
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CartinalCopia

I am changing my full name very soon for personal reasons. Has anyone else gone through this? Obviously I know there's a talk with HR coming, if I do end up staying in Spot's pocket, but that said, I'd just kind of like to know what else to expect. No one will have to call me by my 'new' name at work because I picked one that would allow for my nickname (what I use at work) will stay the same.

I am changing my full name very soon for personal reasons. Has anyone else gone through this? Obviously I know there's a talk with HR coming, if I do end up staying in Spot's pocket, but that said, I'd just kind of like to know what else to expect. No one will have to call me by my 'new' name at work because I picked one that would allow for my nickname (what I use at work) will stay the same.

Don't be upset if a new leader calls you by your new legal name. Other than that you shouldn't experience any thing differently

Go on Workday and change your preferred name. It will appear on the schedule however you want it, which should eliminate the wrong name problem. Obviously, this is not a legal name change and your checks and tax forms will be under your legal name.

Go on Workday and change your preferred name. It will appear on the schedule however you want it, which should eliminate the wrong name problem. Obviously, this is not a legal name change and your checks and tax forms will be under your legal name.

I didn't know there was a thing on Workday, this will be very useful. And yeah, I'm going through the legal process too, thus the talking with HR.

Once you have your name legally changed and are issued a new Social Security Card reflecting the name change, there’s a form you need to fill out that HR submits to the HQ team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back