Nationwide Entire Store Price Audit?

By the time I left today my store hadn't heard about this. Leadership was too busy freaking out (justifiably) about the gigantic Home truck the DC is dumping on us tomorrow to check emails. Dec Home has been behind literally everyday since at least October, the DBO is on LOA and were getting 400+ cases of it tomorrow. Yeah, we got this scanning shit this weekend. Should be fun.

I heard it was every store in the country. We're doing ours overnight this weekend. Now let's hope they bring back the Price Accuracy team or all this work will mean nothing in a week. I know it's the DBOs responsibility now, but they only have time to do the unload and not much else. It's a hot mess.

I heard it was every store in the country. We're doing ours overnight this weekend. Now let's hope they bring back the Price Accuracy team or all this work will mean nothing in a week. I know it's the DBOs responsibility now, but they only have time to do the unload and not much else. It's a hot mess.
You were supposed to bring back 1-2 dedicated pricing team members last year

I've noticed the last couple weeks in my store that a lot of prices changed but the labels weren't put up. Is that the case for anyone else? I'm wondering if maybe some error caused price change to get automatically activated for stores, which would mean every store would have to go through and check everything.

I've noticed the last couple weeks in my store that a lot of prices changed but the labels weren't put up. Is that the case for anyone else? I'm wondering if maybe some error caused price change to get automatically activated for stores, which would mean every store would have to go through and check everything.
No it’s because all Target cares about is metrics. So tons of people are scanning their price changes in but don’t have time to actually put them up. This is the time of year when you don’t have a lot of payroll. And all of a sudden the DC is sending tons of freaking freight our way. Today it look like fourth quarter Christmas with the toys that we received in. Tons of furniture and home decor also. Supposed to be receiving even more in the next few days. You can barely get anything pushed because it’s also Valentines weekend and Super Bowl weekend so the store is packed. Add in trying to do this price change audit lol, corporate is nuts.

To me this is a waste of time as doing this isn't fixing the root of the problem. This clearly shows not having a price change team isn't working. If they aren't bringing it back, us scanning and fixing the inaccurate prices is a temporary fix for what, a week? We are seriously scanning every single label in the store during super bowl weekend with massive amounts of excessive freight the DC is choosing to dump on us and all the other expectations put on us and essentially is just going to dig us in a deeper hole. Either bring the price change team back or they can keep suffering the consequences :)

To me this is a waste of time as doing this isn't fixing the root of the problem. This clearly shows not having a price change team isn't working. If they aren't bringing it back, us scanning and fixing the inaccurate prices is a temporary fix for what, a week? We are seriously scanning every single label in the store during super bowl weekend with massive amounts of excessive freight the DC is choosing to dump on us and all the other expectations put on us and essentially is just going to dig us in a deeper hole. Either bring the price change team back or they can keep suffering the consequences :)
I think Target ops likes failure, like the past 5 years has been failure after failure.

Does Hq have any ideal what pile of crap they created this weekend. Price labels that they dropped Friday need to be activated and placed on the counter before the audit group scans every label.
yes but clearly they felt they didnt have any choice on account of, you know, the last minute emergency and unlimited OT to get it done

like i dont know why people keep going down this thought process. if it was something they had planned for they wouldnt have done it this way

No it’s because all Target cares about is metrics. So tons of people are scanning their price changes in but don’t have time to actually put them up. This is the time of year when you don’t have a lot of payroll. And all of a sudden the DC is sending tons of freaking freight our way. Today it look like fourth quarter Christmas with the toys that we received in. Tons of furniture and home decor also. Supposed to be receiving even more in the next few days. You can barely get anything pushed because it’s also Valentines weekend and Super Bowl weekend so the store is packed. Add in trying to do this price change audit lol, corporate is nuts.
Do we work at the same store? lol, but a lot of what's happening at your store is happening at mine - we're a designated store for the DC to push a lot of their overage to, and we've also received recently a ton of product (mostly toys and home, I guess) that should have arrived during 4th quarter. Some DBOs are having to roll their truck to the next day, and we almost always push all our truck the day it's received, even if TLs and ETLs are helping push it. We're busy but maybe not as packed with guests as you are though.
As far as regular price change goes, we keep up with it pretty well although not all DBOs do their own.
How does a whole store audit happen anyway, unless it's done overnight? Sounds like this is one of those corporate ideas where someone says "Ooh, I know, let's make everyone go bonkers by saying everyone has to do this task that we've never done before."

Back