Archived NCF promises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo....just looking for some opinions on this. If a TM and STL have a verbal agreement with regard to certain aspects of employment should that agreement be honored when new management enters the picture? I don't really want to go into the details, but my fellow tm and I have kept our end of the agreement and are more than a little peeved right now. Should all bets be off because we got a new STL? The agreement was made 2 years ago. I plan to talk with my ETL regarding this and wonder if I should take it up with HR or with the STL. What totally chaps me is that changes were made without anybody bothering to let us know. Soooooo freaking typical!!!! Believe me, they'll be mighty surprised when the things that we agreed to as our part of the arrangement are no longer done by us. And see if I care. For the first time in the many, many years that I have been with Target I believe that I actually will start seriously looking for a new job. I am very disillusioned right now.

Soooo....just looking for some opinions on this. If a TM and STL have a verbal agreement with regard to certain aspects of employment should that agreement be honored when new management enters the picture? I don't really want to go into the details, but my fellow tm and I have kept our end of the agreement and are more than a little peeved right now. Should all bets be off because we got a new STL? The agreement was made 2 years ago. I plan to talk with my ETL regarding this and wonder if I should take it up with HR or with the STL. What totally chaps me is that changes were made without anybody bothering to let us know. Soooooo freaking typical!!!! Believe me, they'll be mighty surprised when the things that we agreed to as our part of the arrangement are no longer done by us. And see if I care. For the first time in the many, many years that I have been with Target I believe that I actually will start seriously looking for a new job. I am very disillusioned right now.

First off, I love that you named the thread "NCF" promises. Honestly though, I wouldn't expect a new STL to uphold the word of the old one. I'm sorry. You should go to him with the arrangement and discuss it, but he probably doesn't even know about it. I don't know if anyone can really give you any great advice though. I know you can't go into details, but I'm so confused as to what could possibly be going on, I don't know what kind of advice to give you.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thought NCF meant Not Carry Forward? lol

sorry

It's on purpose. NCF promise = not carry forward promise. New STL, promises aren't being "carried forward".

I got it... sorry, at 1am, my brain does not work properly.

oN topic... I agree with ISIS639.

I can't imagine what sort of agreement would be going on. I know the flow team at my store used to have a basketball court on the loading dock outside of receiving long before I came to the store, but that is gone. Maybe they were allowed to have basketball when they pushed the truck in goal time. The new STL took the basketball court away maybe? Can you expand on the details of the agreement without giving out specifics? Really though, in any other area of your life would you expect a new player to read your mind and uphold some verbal agreement. Communicate with your STL, if your "agreement" goes against core roles or best practice then I wouldn't be surprised if a new STL throws the rule book around, after all remember that sometimes an STL is moved to a new store to monitor performance......

New Stl, new rules. Old days are gone. All prior deals are off. That is what happened at my store with different tm's/tl's.
Sorry, rare.

even though they made promises they didn't plan to keep and made no move to let the new stl know (which is selfish on their part), now if you don't continue to go above and beyond and do more than you should, you will of course be "not being a team player."

I hate that crap when you're suppose to sacrifice, not necessarily for the team or the companies well being, but for an etl, or stl, cause that's team playing!

I met with my ETL, ETLHR, and STL today. The ETL had NO idea that changes had been made, the ETLHR was surprised that WE knew that changes had been made, and the STL (hahahaha) "promised" that the changes would make no difference with regard to our employment. They all understood WHY we had come to our agreement and agreed that it made sense. I think I'll be calling TMSC in order to find out if my STL is as good with smoke and mirrors as he thinks he is. I think he answered my questions in good faith, but I'm more convinced that he believes he's right rather than he IS right. Thanks for the input! I figured that the general consensus would be "too bad, so sad".

BTW - glad to see some of you were savvy enough to pick up on the NCF reference!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back