Need advice ASAP

Ok so I work overnight and is currently on loa until the end of the week I told hr and my overnight boss my availability changed due to me not having a babysitter anymore they denied my request to switch shifts what should I do?

I understand that I can get a babysitter for the day shift but I’m on overnight and wanna transfer to day so I can get a babysitter all I want to do is transfer to day I can get a sitter faster

I understand that I can get a babysitter for the day shift but I’m on overnight and wanna transfer to day so I can get a babysitter all I want to do is transfer to day I can get a sitter faster
Like I said Target can work with you. Talk to HR but just know its not their responsibility

I did talk to them they approved me for the day shift then my overnight boss texted me saying she denied my transfer then hr called and said the same that my overnight boss denied it is there anything I can do?? Is this normal??

Is it normal? Yes, depending on the balance of power in your store, and it sounds like your overnight boss has more pull than your HR, which is not good for you. If overnight at your store is difficult to staff and dayside isn’t, they can deny your availability change. If they haven’t said “needs of the business” as justification, be prepared to hear it, since that is Spot’s go to justification for denying/requiring anything.
There’s not a lot you can do about it through Spot. You could appeal to your SD, but its a gamble which may not turn out well, and would really put you on the overnight boss’s bad list. Do you think your overnight boss denied your availability change because she wants/needs you back, or because she wants you to quit? If it is the former, you may have to find an overnight babysitter to keep your job. If it is the latter, you might want to extend your loa, if possible, and start looking for another job. Good luck, hope things turn out well for you.

It is hard to transfer from overnight to day at my location we currently have 4 workers who requested and was denied and those workers have been there from when they first started overnight and they said the boss is like that she doesn’t want no one to leave her team the only way to leave is to quit and the staff is definitely way harder on us overnight and put a lot of stress on us thank you so much for your help I really appreciate it just a little emotional with all this pandemic going on thought target would be a little more kind and sensitive

They may not have dayside positions, or there may be other TMs in line ahead of you for the ones that are available. Maybe ask if you can do SFS through 4th quarter? They might let you do that, since you already know the store.

Because when she texted me she said let her know my new availability and she will see what position is available so I thought that was her changing but then I told her my new availability she changed and said no your on overnight I got confused

Back