Archived New and Confused...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo.. I just started at target a week ago as a hardlines member and I have a few questions and would be grateful for anyone who might have some answers!!!!

1.) When I first started I didn't have my college schedule yet. Now I have it and the HR lady told me to go put it in online. I've been on eHR and don't see anywhere to change my availability. Any ideas? Also, I see where to sign up for direct deposit but the site sucks and won't load anything or submit my information. Advice?
2.)During my orientation they brought me out to a cashier and I watched her for about 5 mins and then I was put on a register on my own for about 20 mins. Is this normal? I wasn't "trained"and then they asked me to pick up a 6.5 hour shift of cashiering. i don't feel comfortable on my own and I'm pretty nervous for my upcoming shift!! I don't know how to sell a red card, take checks, load gift cards or anything!
3.) I was hired for hardlines and when I got my schedule for next week is says I am scheduled for a 6.5 hour shift in Beauty and another 5 hour shift for cashiering. Is this normal to get scheduled in different places for what you were hired for?
4.) Also, what do you do in Beauty? In my store, the beauty section is only about 3-4 aisles big and I'm not sure what I would be doing for 6.5 hours. Plus, I was not trained on that and idk what beauty consists of.

Thanks in advance for your answers!! They are much appreciated!!!

1) Log into eHR. Find the MyTime Self Service App. You can change your availability through that. If you need any help, your HR team members should be able to help. :)
2) Cashiering isn't that difficult, it's mostly muscle memory and knowing how and when to ask questions. If you don't feel comfortable at all (as it seems you do :)), you can as the GSA (guest service attendant)/GSTL (guest service team lead) to put you with a trainer for a bit. They will be the ones at the front that appear to be giving the directions. You can also just ask any team member who the GSA/GSTL is, and they should be able to direct you to them.
3) For some stores, yes. Also, since you are a new team member, they may be trying to help be more global and get trained in many different ares! Your leaders may also be trying to find a great fit for you, so take every different shift you have as a learning opportunity!
4) Beauty may be a small section, but it has hundreds of items in that area. Also, with the big push for an open to close beauty team, Target will want you to be there helping guests and filling the area throughout the day. You may also be helping nearby areas. Normal duties could include setting new POGs, zoning, working out returns, and processing defectives. If you have somebody working with you, make sure to ask them what they normally do. If not, ask your leader! The LOD (leader on duty) will be able to help you determine all of your duties for the day.

4.) Also, what do you do in Beauty? In my store, the beauty section is only about 3-4 aisles big and I'm not sure what I would be doing for 6.5 hours. Plus, I was not trained on that and idk what beauty consists of.

There is a lot of issues with counts in beauty because it's a high theft area. So simplistically your job will be to make the area full with items from the backroom.

Beauty means you may also be working in health and possibly the hygiene aisles.

Beauty you are also expected to give great guest service. They want you to be engaging everyone who comes in.

If you can score beauty hours run with it. Stores are getting a lot of payroll for beauty and in my region at least you can't take your beauty hours and spend them in other areas. So we have 4 beauty tms all between 36 and 40 hours. While our hardlines folks are getting 15 to 20

Last edited:
Also re: beauty, I was told that it takes longer to fill outs so it's important to stay on top of it bc the turnaround for product can be 3-4 weeks. So every beauty shift, you are super zoning...which gets tricky bc there are so many different types of cosmetics, i.e. Brown, Dark Brown, Black, Jet Black all in the same brand of mascara.

.) Also, what do you do in Beauty? In my store, the beauty section is only about 3-4 aisles big and I'm not sure what I would be doing for 6.5 hours. Plus, I was not trained on that and idk what beauty consists of.
Because we aren't fully staffed for beauty but must have someone scheduled, sometimes a HLTM works the Beauty hours to close, but really just zones HBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back