Archived New at Target have Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitterBerries

Can you go to 4?
Hi so I am seasonal and was wondering how the pay weeks go. Sat through sun? I also am not sure if pay checks are behind where I won't get one for a month or if I will be up for one next week?

Also I have seen some threads on here about holiday pay but do seasonal workers get that as well? Saw some stuff about non-exempt employees will but I'm not sure if I fall in that category being seasonal.

Sorry if this was answered somewhere else I've looked for awhile but never found an exact answer.

Thanks in advance!! :)

I am pretty sure seasonal employees get holiday pay unless your state legislature found a way to screw you out of it.

Pay periods are Sunday - Saturday and depending on your first shift from orientation and that pay period will determine when you get your first check. They won't make you wait a month... 3 weeks tops I would say.

Paychecks are given the Friday following the end of the pay period, which is every other Saturday (today). So if you worked at all in the last couple of weeks you'll get a check on Friday.

Non-exempt just means you get paid by the hour, as opposed to exempt team members who earn a salary (ETL, STL, etc.) Holiday pay and time-and-a-half applies to all non-exempt team members, unless, as c9 pointed out, your state has some weird rules about seasonal employees, but I've never heard of anything like that. Your HR will have a list of the specific dates to which extra pay applies.

Pay periods run Sun thru Sat.
You get paid every two weeks the Fri after the pay period cut-off date.
IIRC seasonals/new hires get time & a half on Thanksgiving, not holiday pay.

Oh that's what I meant time and a half. I read somewhere if you work after midnight to 8am on thanksgiving into black Friday you get an extra dollar an hour or something. Who knows just happy to get time and a half. Thanks everyone for answering!! :D

Yes you do as well. That is however just shift differential for working what is typically "3rd" shift or whatever. I forget what Target calls it but it's no different than if you worked for any other company over night. Most if not all companies pay their over night employees at least a dollar extra for working the shift that others don't want to work.

When you go into your break room or on your Alert board by your TSC there should be a paper hanging up that explains everyones pay coming up for every holiday and bonus hours and what not for the next 2 months. It's your ETL HR's job to make this information available to all TMs

Shift diff is +$1 per hr more for each hr worked between 12am-8am.

Huh, must be another case of ASANTS. My store has a diff from 12P on Thanksgiving to 8 am Friday, plus time and a half on Thanksgiving and the O/N differential.

Huh, must be another case of ASANTS. My store has a diff from 12P on Thanksgiving to 8 am Friday, plus time and a half on Thanksgiving and the O/N differential.

Not sure what ASANTS or O/N means but I did see that too where it's 12pm

ASANTS: All Stores Are Not The Same, used to highlight that what is happening in one store may differ from another.

O/N: Overnight.

Oh yikes lol thanks for explaining. I'm not familiar with all the lingo yet. I saw this posted on another thread..

Attachments

• IMG_20151010_064318.jpg
    IMG_20151010_064318.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
Some stores also do prize incentives. If you show up on time for every shift from now through Xmas you have a chance to win something. Things like that are usually posted in tsc or by the timeclock or in the breakroom (not this breakroom. Ha ha. The one in your store)

Some stores also do prize incentives. If you show up on time for every shift from now through Xmas you have a chance to win something. Things like that are usually posted in tsc or by the timeclock or in the breakroom (not this breakroom. Ha ha. The one in your store)

That's kind of sad they will give prizes for being on-time... Isn't that a given, that you're at work on-time? :p

Also does anyone know when they would let you know if you are getting hired on after the holidays? Or is there a certain day you know is your last day of work if they don't hire on? Like a normal seasonal employee last day or something?

Also does anyone know when they would let you know if you are getting hired on after the holidays? Or is there a certain day you know is your last day of work if they don't hire on? Like a normal seasonal employee last day or something?

I was pretty much told about a week before I hit 90 days.

At the end of the season tls decide who to keep and to to turn back into a guest.. Prove your worth by working hard, offering to help others, being active over the walkie, and getting to know as much of the tl/Etl team as you can, that way when your name comes up going through the list of seasonals they remember who you are... Mentioning that you want to stay would help also

At the end of the season tls decide who to keep and to to turn back into a guest.. Prove your worth by working hard, offering to help others, being active over the walkie, and getting to know as much of the tl/Etl team as you can, that way when your name comes up going through the list of seasonals they remember who you are... Mentioning that you want to stay would help also

I do all that already and have only been working there a few weeks and they seem to love me so far but I was never at a job for just seasonal so I was unsure how that normally works out for seasonal employees.

I was pretty much told about a week before I hit 90 days.

My 90 days would be well over the holidays. I started beginning of this month so I don't know if they keep seasonal on that far out. I kind of remember them saying mid January would be "end of seasonal"

We keep our seasonal people till roughly the last week of January if I remember correctly. Just keep doing what your doing, from the way it sounds you're doing a good job. Just keep interacting with people stay personable. Don't call off / come in late. If there's ever a time they need help filling in a place take up that spot. If you prove your worth they'll keep you for sure.

I was never told I was being kept past seasonal, they just kept putting me on the schedule, lol.

Right now my store is doing "Survivor Island" or something, everyone's names are up on a picture of a tropical island, and whoever goes without having an attendance issue (I think until January 1) is entered to win 1 of 3 gift cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back