Archived New Bag Material?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may not be a case of them controlling costs (this time) but trying to be environmentally aware.
The old style bags cause issues with the choppers on the recycle systems, actually gumming them up.
Which is why some cities went to banning them all together while others really push for returning the bags to the stores and not putting your recycle stuff in them.

That's the problem. Never in my life did I think I could put recyclables in a plastic bag. People are dumb.

Where I live, our waste management company won't even take our recyclables if we have them in the blue "recyclable" bags...what's the point of making an ACTUAL 'recyclable' bag if they won't 'recycle' it???

Our DPW doesn't take any plastic bags, but Target and just about every grocery store around here will recycle them.

This new thinner bag is awful. I have had so many more of them stick together when cashiering, and so much waste from them tearing. I really love it when customers bring their own bags. Saves a lot of hassle with those "tissue paper" bags.

For example, I put two boxes of facial tissue in them and one box tore a hole right in the side when I removed the bag from the loading pegs, and I was really being careful and gentile. Ah well.

We can put our recycling in bags... we have single stream recycling or whatever and they don't come often enough (2x per month) to just throw it in the can. If it's in a bag, we can keep what doesn't fit in the cans in the foyer until it's time for it to go out. I... didn't know there were places where that wasn't allowed haha. Guess I'm dumb -__-

They used to list ways to reuse them on the grocery bags (some stores did that, dk about target specif) using them for trash and recycling, so I don't think anyone's dumb if they live somewhere where it isn't allowed. My town sends us updates on recycling guidelines with the newsletter and it's on the town website.

It is a cost cutting measure. Our ETL-GE confirmed that Spot's biggest expense(even bigger than payroll) is those plastic bags. She was begging us to be careful with them and to make sure we weren't wasting bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back