Archived New Cashier :)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my first day is Saturday! What should I expect? What are some of the good things you love about target? What about the bad? Tell me about any experiences you have

Hi, my first day is Saturday! What should I expect? What are some of the good things you love about target? What about the bad? Tell me about any experiences you have

Hello !! :) I'll keep my answer(s) brief: One of the best things at Spot is the repeat-Guest.....er.... wait.... let me clarify: The warm, friendly, appreciative repeat-Guest. They will make your day when things become hectic. I love my position at Spot as a VM. I am a lousy cashier..... I think I'm allergic to the checklanes; I try to stay far, far away. :eek: Ach-ooooooo !

Welcome to TBR !

1. You will not know everything first the day. Tax Exempt, WIC, POs...the more advanced transactions will come down the line or at the time of transaction.
2. Concentrate on scanning accuracy.
3. Ask everyone about the RedCard. You must solicit the card constantly.
4. Just make sure you have detailed training on the most common POS functions. If you have any questions or follow up , talk to the GSTL/GSA.
5. Always stay busy. If not with a guest, zone the lanes and immediate areas. Clear lanes of carts.
6. Acknowledge every guest coming through the lanes or in passing.

Good luck!! You’ll do great. My experience has been better than most at target, I can count on one hand guests that having gotten truly upset/angry at me, while I’ve assisted dozens and dozens of extremely kind and thankful guests :)

Welcome to Spot! :)
A good idea as well is to focus on coupon training. Spot has been inundated recently with fake, invalid coupons. If something is fishy... hit that call button for the GSA. Never be afraid to ask for help, especially when new. All TM's have cashier training and senior TM's definitely know the "tell" signs of someone who is trying to scam the store.
Tax Exempt transactions can be tricky. I get them often in Electronics during tax season. Make sure they have proper ID, proof, etc... It's just a long, drawn out process.
Keeping the area clean and friendly is definitely of priority when not busy. The busy season is approaching quickly, so it is a good thing you were hired now.
Good Luck!!!

original.gif

Welcome to The Break Room.

Hello

I was hired during December first week as a sales floor member. I got only like an hour of cashier training that time. Yesterday my TL asked me if Im interested to be a cashier . I'm not very confident with it but still I told Yes. I don't even remember the basic things in the register. I went through the manual I found online and recollected some of it. One question. Once you total the transaction, how should I select the method of payment? I remember seeing all those payment options on screen but not how to choose them. Please help!
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back