Archived New employee, a few questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, DEAR GOD I am so glad to be getting a job. It's been rough.

I went in for a cashier position and was offered to interview tomorrow for what I think I'm reading here is GSTL. The way the position was described to me would be managing checkouts, self checkout, guest services, etc. Coaching staff, keeping things running smoothly.

Are there any hints or tips for me? I'm excited and nervous, since I had no idea I'd be invited to interview for something like this.

Another question is, they told me if I didn't get that position, I was definitely being hired for the cashier position, so I'm trying to make sure I have a few outfits lined up. It is BALLS HOT here, first of all. Second, I'm reading a lot of varied dress codes. My main questions are, can I wear a red dress? Can I wear cropped pants (not shorts)? Can I wear black pants?

Thanks, I've already learned a lot from you guys and look forward to getting to know you better.

First, if you do end up getting SETL/GSTL, there are some really helpful threads on the subject you can start with. Here are a couple:

As for dress code, the general rule is a solid red top (most stores allow this to just be a red outermost layer) with either full length blue jeans (no rips, tears, etc) or khakis (official dress code also allows any solid dress pants as long as they're professional. Check with the store leaders on this one, though).
Other than that, if you wanted to wear a full length khaki skirt that's okay, but that's about it for other options than full length pants.

Red dress would be iffy. My store skirts (khaki or denim), capris (khaki or denim) would be fine. Skirt at knee and capris halfway down your calf. I'm waiting for someone to wear the khaki linen spaghetti strap jumpsuit with a red cardigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back